Milk rash

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Mini1980, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Mini1980

Mini1980 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies, have any of your bairns had milk rash. HV yesterday assured me its quite normal. DD face has erupted in an awful rash of bumpy red spots. There only on her face and neck. Like I said they have been checked and are not anything serious. HV actually said it gets called milk rash, newborn rash, She said it could be something I have eaten. I dont do spicy foods. Have any of you ladies had to avoid food types whilst bf? I could :cry: I do hope its not anything I have done. She had such pretty skin before this.

2. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

when i breastfed i made a list of what i eat incase my lo reacted to it as it may be something silly, like baked beans...my lo had bellyache as i still crave them after and when i cut them out he was happier.

but my lo had a milk rash its normal xxx

3. Mini1980

Mini1980 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. Did it take long time for the rash to go down?

4. cw_249

cw_249 Well-Known Member

my lo gets them sometimes, and both of my others did too. I was always told that it wasn't down to anything you'd eaten, which i tend to believe as i currently ebf my lo, as i did my ds, but my dd who was my first was formula fed and she still got them! I really wouldn't worry about them though, mine have all got them, sometimes repeatedly over a couple of days but they go as soon as they've come and don't come that often!