• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Milk

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Just out of interest, when does milk start coming through? I've seen some ladies say they are 'leaking' and are further behind than me. Ta!

I am 3 days behind you and I am leaking a little. Everyone is different. With my first I didn't leak until after delivery but the last 3 I have leaked anywhere from 26 weeks and on.

Each woman is different. I never had a drop all through my first pregnancy, but i was able to Nurse my daughter for a whole year! My milk came in 3 days after birth, until then it was colostrum the first few days. I haven't had any leaking this second pregnancy either! Which I'm really glad because there will be plenty of leaking once nursing starts!
It's really nothing to be concerned about if you don't experience it. I say be glad it's one less thing we have to deal with right now :)

Thanks ladies. Knowing my luck ill wake up soaked through with milk tomorrow morning now lol x

I was thinking the same thing about me Emma. I used to have one of my nipples pierced and now I'm worried it won't work!

I have one nipple pierced. Had a few drops of colostrum at about 34weeks but since then no leaking nothing, midwife said not to worry and that only 3% of women can't bf at all. X

Also ive just noticed my ticker doesn't make sense 39weeks and2days but 9days to go?! Confusing

I never leaked with my first, and haven't yet with this one either, and I don't expect to. With my first, I had colostrum after she was born, and then my milk came in 2 and a 1/2 days later.

This is my first and I started leaking around 22 or 23 wks and have been since mostly at night though and mainly my right boob when I lay on it and squish it. I woke up last night and my DH's back was wet from it lol.

I leaked a few drops of colostrum every now and then through my first pregnancy but my milk didn't come in until 5 days after birth. The midwife said it probably took so long because of the traumatic birth i had and i was hospitalised for a good few days and received blood transfusions etc. This time i've been leaking drops here and there and notice some leakage after sex with OH also (tmi lol).

Nothing leaking here yet either! I've read it isn't a sign that you won't produce milk though...think everyone's different x

I have never leaked during pregnancy and Breastfed both my children well over a year no issues. My milk tends to come in 2-3 days after birth, and babies are fine With colostrum for those first days!

I'm not leaking at all, but if I squeeze a bit, some watery colostrum comes out. No issues here nursing my son. I don't see there being a problem this time around either!

Never leaked last time, and haven't so far this time. Milk came in 3 days after I had him x

3 days or so after your baby is born, at the mo thats colostrum leaking which comes at different times for mums.

No leaking here, I will get a few drops of colostrum if I squeeze them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"