Mind over Matter...

LOWright

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My husband and I are in our mid-twenties and have begun TTC. I had the nexplanon for over a year and head it removed at the end of November 2016. AF showed up only a few days later.

We didn't keep track of ovulation days but attempted to do our thing every other day. I went without AF mostly the entire duration of having nexplanon but prior to receiving the implant, my cycle was like clockwork.
I expected AF to show up on the 31st of December 2016, shooting for a 30-31 day cycle, give or take which makes me about six days late.

I had several headaches, sharper and more debilitating than what I am used to about the week and weekend before AF. I had lower abdominal cramps, lower back pain, mild nausea and thick white discharge the first few days of my missed period. I am now itching all over my abdomen, upper thighs and breasts and I began noticing I was very irritable the last two days and still having mild cramping not to mention fairly tired. My PMS symptoms were usually limited to cramps in my back that occurred only when my period started and sometimes sore breasts.

I have taken two pregnancy tests that were both negative.
I have begun to think I am driving myself insane and honestly don't think I am even pregnant and I am disappointed in myself for probably reading too much into this.
My husband and I are looking forward to our first child and I am trying to come to the realization that its probably highly unlikely that we conceived the first month off of nexplanon.
Any advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated. I am happy to be apart of this wonderful group. :winkwink:

It is unlikely but not impossible. You prolly just ovulated pretty late but since you don't temp you cannot be sure. Best wishes your limbo doesn't go on too long.

Cppeace, thank you. I wanted to give us some time before we begin tracking our ovulation but I am definitely becoming more and more educated that it may be a better option. Sadly, TTC is slightly complicated. :)

TTC can be complicated but doesn't have to be. All temping will do is confirm when you ovulate. If you wish to do opks a few days before you suspect ovulation those can help give you a heads up on when is best to dtd. Neither is needed if you are just trying to take it easy. Basically if you aren't pregnant just track when your AF starts and then when teh next one starts. If you average a 30 day cycle estimate that you ovulate cd 12-20 and have dtd cd 10, 12, 14, 16 , 18 and 20 if you can. That is playing the guess averages game. I temp and use opks and with just temping I always know exactly when I ovulate- it's the main reason I do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->