Mini-IVF

Bkrispy

Reaction score
I am considering mini-ivf, instead of traditional. The cost is more reasonable, and being that the only problem my husband and I have (that we know of) is tubal factor, it seems like it should work. Has anyonoe else had success with this?

Hello,
I know your post was a while ago. My doctor just suggested mini-ivf today. I'd love to hear about any info you received.

Never got any info. It's been a while since you replied? were you successfull?

After about a year of IUIs, we decided to go for a compromise and do the "mini-IVF" I felt more comfortable with the mini, because it didn't involve so many injections and monitoring. Turns out, my follicles were really slow to grow, so I ended up having to do about 8-9 injections (normally it would have just been clomid). So after injections and more monitoring than I had anticipated, we were ready for retrieval. Moments before retrieval (as I'm on the table), the doctor discovered that I had already ovulated. We decided to move forward, and ended up getting 3 eggs! With the help of ICSI, all 3 fertilized. We weren't comfortable with transferring 3, so we went with 2. Fast forward to today, I'm on the brink of being at 15weeks with one little one. Fingers crossed, all will be well.
I turned 41 in April.
I hope this helps. It's a crazy, emotional journey.
I'm in education, so having the summer off to deal with all of this really helped.

Good luck:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"