Mirena (IUD) removal to conceive

faith2015

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! DD is 8, DS is 1 1/2 and we are wanting to TTC :happydance:

I had a horrible experience getting the IUD placed and I am so nervous at getting it removed! Plus I have had a horrible experience with the IUD in general, feeling pregnant, not being able to loose weight and very moody.

I want myself back! :hugs:

So anything I should look out for? Removal issues? TTC after removal? Same symptoms during IUD?

I just had mine removed today. It was not painful, but not painless either. Although, i would say it was more uncomfortable than pain. I took 800 ibuprofen before going. She told me to take a deep breath and i felt a pull and it was over. A little cramping but that's about it
So far so good!

I just had mine removed today. It was not painful, but not painless either. Although, i would say it was more uncomfortable than pain. I took 800 ibuprofen before going. She told me to take a deep breath and i felt a pull and it was over. A little cramping but that's about it
So far so good!

It was not at all painful! But my hormones are all out of wack :wacko:

So far so good!

Oh no. I'm feeling pretty good. I spotted for about 2 days and so far nothing else. I've been light headed but allergies are crazy so i think that's it. I hope its not too much on you!

So far so good!

Oh no. I'm feeling pretty good. I spotted for about 2 days and so far nothing else. I've been light headed but allergies are crazy so i think that's it. I hope its not too much on you!

Not to hard 😕 My chart is super crazy! I wish I knew how to add my chart. I thought I got it, but apparently the link doesn't work :haha:

I couldn't help with that, i barely know how to use this site myself! :) im just beginning to learn what all these random letters are short for!

I couldn't help with that, i barely know how to use this site myself! :) im just beginning to learn what all these random letters are short for!

I was really into it last time I TTC because it look me over a year to become pregnant, so I lived on this site. Not this is my 2nd round in trying, I feel lost! Things have changed in two years :haha:

It looks like you've got it working now!

Good luck trying! :)

Removal is much less traumatic than having it inserted!

My doc told me to do a cough and as I did she pulled it out. Done. In seconds. I was like 'oh, is it out?' ��

Removal is much less traumatic than having it inserted!

My doc told me to do a cough and as I did she pulled it out. Done. In seconds. I was like 'oh, is it out?' ��

You got that right! I was a baby getting it inserted! When it was removed I was like SERIOUSLY?!?!

Now trying to get pregnant ....

Getting it inserted was definitely worse. I did feel it coming out though. It was like a pinch/ pull. Still waiting on my first cycle since!

Hey, all. :)

I'll be getting my IUD out soon, but I've been having trouble deciding when I should schedule a removal. There's so much conflicting stuff online!

I'm a full-time student and I'll be graduating Dec. 2018. So in an ideal situation, I would have a Jan. 2018 baby. (I already have one child, so I know what it's like to be pregnant, have a child in school, etc. It's what's best for our family & our timeline!)

That means, we would ideally conceive in early April. My first pregnancy, we got pregnant on the very 1st time, but I know that's not "normal." I also wasn't on any birth control and tracked my cycles closely. I had cycles that lasted between 35-48 days, alternating between shorter and longer (ex. 35,43,37,48,38,43,etc.)

It seems for some people, removal triggers ovulation the following weeks, but some people report miscarriage due to thin uterine lining. I wouldn't want to risk that! :(

I also don't want to wait an entire cycle to ttc, and then have 50 day cycle.

If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->