Mirena removed 26 days ago, no period tested negative Friday???

Nothing

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with mirena? I had mine removed end of July and have been TTC. I've had no bleed I think I had a teeny bit of spotting after removal but that was definitely trauma as teeny amount, then I've had no bleeds since. Have been feeling under the weather ie tired nauseous sore throat and coldy symptoms but tested Friday and it was most definitely negative. I'm worried that because of mirena my body has been messed up? I didn't have periods on mirena either and had it for 18 months
Thanks x

It can take a little while after the Mirena is removed to get back to normal but I don't think you need to panic yet about it being a long term thing etc. My Doctor warned me it could take up to 3 months although it didn't for me.

Is it/could it be possible as you didn't have periods on Mirena [same as me which was nice!] that your AF could have been around the time you had the Mirena out so would be due soon?

I hope you get AF soon so you know things are okay xx

Thanks for the advice oh I hope it doesn't take 3 months, but you've given me some reassurance so hopefully af shows soon and my hormones aren't too messed up. I gt the impression things would be fine immediately as was told I could fall straight away so kind of expected to see af by now but like you said it could have been when I had it removed?
X

With me, mine only took a month & it was funny because it was almost exactly 28 days after because it turned out I would have been due my AF when I had it out if I was still bleeding with it etc.

I'm sure it won't take 3 months :) x

Update!!
Hey thanks for the advice, I had decided it was a long cycle though started feeling cramping about a week ago, thought af was on her way but nothing so tested and got my :bfp: , am pretty shocked as yes we wanted it to happen but never expected so quickly. Now I've no idea how far gone I am as haven't bad af since mirena was fitted, its now been nearly 7 weeks since removal though I did have a :bfn: on 15/8 and 21/8 x

Update!!
Hey thanks for the advice, I had decided it was a long cycle though started feeling cramping about a week ago, thought af was on her way but nothing so tested and got my :bfp: , am pretty shocked as yes we wanted it to happen but never expected so quickly. Now I've no idea how far gone I am as haven't bad af since mirena was fitted, its now been nearly 7 weeks since removal though I did have a :bfn: on 15/8 and 21/8 x

wow conrats hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"