Miscarriage at 5 weeks. Stopping and starting bleeding...do I need to see a doctor?

Unexpected212

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. There was an empty sack. I had a bleed that started 2 days after my missed period. It lasted a week. When they did a scan the sac was still there and cervix was closed.

A week after that bleeding stopped. I started bleeding again and my HCG finally started going down for 34 to 36 then to 13 so they said the miscarriage was completing itself.

That bleeding stopped on Tuesday. Started again on Friday...and I'm still bleeding.

Is there any chance this is a period as my miscarriage started on 20th September.

Or do you guys think I need to see a doctor? The EPU discharged me as they said that my HCG had gone down low enough for everything to be gone.

It's just making it all hurt all the more. I just want to start trying again. Every time the bleeding stops I get my hopes up. Then it starts again. It's driving me insane :(

I'm sorry for your loss :hugs:

It sounds like you could have possibly started your af a few days early. My af was always a little early after my losses. But, you know your body, so if something seems 'off ' to you then you should see your doc.

Good luck to you!

Thank you for your kind words

I rang the doctor and they were supposed to ring back but never did. Nice!

I think it might be AF it feels like it if that makes sense

You're very welcome!!

I've had docs that never returned calls also, it's so annoying!! I know what you mean about it feeling like af, so hopefully that's what it is. Miscarriages definitely throw our bodies for a loop and get things all out if whack.

Yeah I just want to start trying again

Bleeding stopped and doctor prescribed week of antibiotics incase there is an infection causing the bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->