Miscarriage - how long does bleeding and pain last? *UPDATED

faylou

BFP after mmc & chemical
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with a mmc and chose medical management which was undertaken on Tuesday. I apparently lost the tissue whilst in the hospital on Tuesday but on Thursday morning I had some severe cramps and lost a significant blood clot - about 3cm wide. Since then I had been bleeding heavily but passed another significant blood clot tonight. I am worried if this is normal and why I am still bleeding so heavily? :shrug: Also the pain is sudden and severe, followed by the loss of a clot (or tissue) I can't tell. Has anyone experienced this? How long will clots continue?

Also, just wondered, for those people who work, how long did you take off? I got a sick note for one week but am due back on Tuesday. Given that I am feeling weak and still loosing lots of blood, do you think it is too soon?

Thanks for all your support xx

Hi, so sorry to hear of your loss. :hug:

I didnt have medical management but I would give your gp a ring if you think it is excessive.
I would take another week off if youre still bleeding.

So sorry you are having to go through this...When I had my second mc which was natural at home. I passed MANY clots over a 5-6 hour period. It seemed that every hour I was in the bathroom passing several large clots at a time and then nothing but a little blood inbetween. I had called the hospital because I was worried about the loss of blood, but they were not very nice and I just chose to stay home. It started at around midnight ended at about 5-6 in the morning.

I would at least take a couple days off afterwords to build your blood supply back up, but it is all dependent upon how long it lasts and how you feel really. I had a D&C on Friday and am back at work today. (Of course, i am Mrs. Depressed, but I "feel" ok).

Hi Faylou - I am sorry for your loss. Aside from the pain, bleeding and discomfort its is and will be a very emotional time for you and if you spoke to your doctor it is likely he would extend your sick line for at least a few days. I had a miscarriage last Sunday and stayed in hospital over night Thurs to have medical management. There is a lot of blood loss and it can be frightening to see. I did have cramping but it has settled. My blood loss varys - at night when I rest it is very little and it seems the more I do during the day the more I bleed, overall however my bleeding has slowed considerably. My clots haven't been too bad. If you are concerned go to your doc or phone the hosptial where you had ur medical management. I've been off a week and although I am going back I don't think work would mind if I took longer.

I you feel weak I would see about taking an extra day or two off if possible just to give yourself a little for time to rest and see how the bleeding progresses. :hug:

hi,
i found out on tuesday lasy week that i am possibly miscarrying (6 weeks) i went to my doctors the next day and told her what has happened and she gave me a sick note for 2 weeks, which i am really glad of because i am still bleeding, like shalagirl said when i do more during the day i bleed more but when i am sat down or at night then theres not alot of blood.
if you are still bleeding and you are due to go back to work i would ring/see your GP and ask them to extend your sick note for a few days or a week to give you time to recover both physically and emotionally.
i am currently waiting to go for a scan next monday to check what is going on.
hope this helps and my thoughts are with you.
if you want to chat PM me.
Sam x

My bleeding lasted a week but the clots were all out within 12 hours. then my period kicked in

hi guys, thanks for all the replies. Luckily my bleeding has started to stop and my last clot was on Sunday. I feel relieved. It seems to nearly be over, so all in all it was a week but still don't know why I had so many clots so late on, but I know my lining was really thick so I had a lot to loose. Am feeling much better now anyway! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->