Miscarriage or normal..? :(

penguinkisses

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks and 6 days. Yesterday I had sex with my partner and all day today I've had bright red spotting, almost enough to be a light period. I've had mild cramps the past 2 weeks but nothing major so I was hoping the blood was just from getting my cervix bumped during sex and not a miscarriage.
However I just found a stringy looking fleshy material on my underwear about an inch and a half long(sorry if tmi). My mom said it's normal and probably nothing to worry about but I'm not so sure :( it really scared me, I thought for sure I miscarried! Have any of you experienced similar things? I won't be able to get to the doctor for at least a couple days so any insight is appreciated.

It's hard to know what's going on without an exam but FWIW, at work I listened to one of the doctors explain that most women who get bleeding during pregnancy still go on to have a healthy pregnancy.
HTH

Most likely from the sex, as the cervix is highly vascularised during pregnancy xx Keep us posted though, it sure is scary seeing blood during pregnancy :hugs:

To be very honest it could go either way. Some people can gush blood and not mc yet some spot and do. Mild cramps are normal so I hope it's just from the sex! Keep us updated when you get an appointment, fingers crossed for you! :)

I had some spotting at 7 weeks, but no chunks of anything. Good luck! I hope you are able to get checked out by an OB / MW.

I would probably visit a dr and get checked just to be on the safe side. I've only been through a mc once at 11+ weeks but IMO you'd know iykwim. I had spotting really on with my son and it was just my uterus kicking out leftover from my previous af. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Good luck sweetie :hugs:

I had what was like a light period at 6 weeks and another a week ago with exactly what you described above. Like you I was unsure so the hospital booked me in for an early scan and bubs hb was perfect... I felt for sure that it was all over but the drs told me that many women bleed during early pregnancy and go on to have perfectly normal pregnancies.

Sorry for hijacking you post, I just wanted to share my experience so you know not all bleeding is bad.

Fingers crossed and keep us updated. Xxx

I would say the same. It is likely to be nothing (I had spotting, went for a scan and all was fine) however, the only way to know for sure is to go and get checked x

FX for you!! Best wishes. I just wanted to add that I actually passed a clot (about 1 inch in dia) after me and my hubby DTD!! I was also so sure that I miscarried, but I haven't had any issue yet w/ peanut! He's still in there, heart beating away and he's measuring bigger than my weeks along (Yes I'm hoping for a boy)!! I'm praying all is okay w/ you and the LO:flower:

The bleeding is practically gone today so I'm hoping that means I haven't miscarried. It's nice to hear other people have experienced similar things and everything turned out fine :)

Glad to hear it has stopped :hugs: I had bleeding twice with my son - both times after sex. The first time was at 11 weeks and the second time was at 35 weeks, and fine both times xx

Well it turns out I'm still having some spotting :/ I got a blood test done on Tuesday and they're going to do another one tomorrow to see if my hcg levels are increasing. If not, then I probably miscarried.

With my DD, I had light bleeding, spotting and heavy bleeding in the first trimester. I've also passed a blood clot. Turns out, I had SCH. A blood clot in the uterus. My daughter is happy and healthy at 10 months now. I've heard that people will usually spot after sex since there is so much more blood pumped down there. I hope everything goes well!

Fxed everything turns out ok...bleeding can be normal...what worried me was the stringy bit....
:hugs:

bleeding is normal and from someone who's mc'd.. it hurts and you cramp a lot, really. the bleeding doesn't go away or stop, it gets worse and worse and worse and even at five weeks it's much stronger than a period.

i think this is just your cervix being a bit bumped from sex and taking its time to get used to being so irrigated with blood!

if you need reassurance go to the ER, i am pretty sure they'll offer u a scan there too.

Well it's official...the nurse called yesterday and said my pregnancy hormone was going down when it should be going up :( I guess I miscarried

:( so sorry for the discouraging news from the nurse, and so sorry for your loss. i think you need to see an OB/GYN though to check if you have passed everything.

penguinkisses - I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs:

skyesmom - Just to give another perspective, I've had a CP/MC at 5w3d and one at 4w3d, and both of them had cramps that were barely there and even more mild than AF usually is. However, I had a lot of clotting both times. I guess everyone is different!

penguinkisses - I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs:

skyesmom - Just to give another perspective, I've had a CP/MC at 5w3d and one at 4w3d, and both of them had cramps that were barely there and even more mild than AF usually is. However, I had a lot of clotting both times. I guess everyone is different!

thanks for offering your insight and experience and glad that in the midst of the tragedy you got at least spared of that :hugs: mine was an incomplete mc and the body wouldn't let go of the baby so i needed an emergency d&c in the end... could be that this was also the reason that things got pretty intense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->