miscarriage?

simon

Reaction score
Hi All.

need some advice as i am very confused at the moment.

My other half informed me on the 9th of march she was pregnant we went to the docs who booked an appointment for the midwife who stated she was around (13 weeks todays) last period 22/1.

everything was fine this was my partners 2nd child so the weight came on quick.

he first scan was due next thurday, but this past weds she started bleeding. thinking the worst as she had a miss in jan 2006 at 12weekish mark. but there was no pain and only abit of blood / dab blood.

the doc just did an internal no bloods and said said the Cev was still closed and it was outside informed if it gotworst to come back and will will do the scan this coming friday

yesterday the bleeding stopped then started then stopped. then last night there was clots.

rushed her in to ANE after calling docs waited 2 hours at ANE = did bloods and upstairs for 5 hours untill a doc arrived after 4 hours of waiting.

doc did another internal exam. came back it was still closed but her bloods aint right her hormones came back just slightly over 3000 mark/ gcch*?

this wasnt right for her pregnancy dates so she adviced to bear in mind 50/50 we could of missc.... asked about the positive aspect chance are there is a baby with low hormones as the dates cant be very wrong. she said not could and know known cases.

we went home for afew hours as she never had any pain still..

came back for the scan at 11 this morning and found out
baby there - no heart beat - about 6/7 weeks. - size was 6 if it was 7 there is no chance it would ever having a heart beat - further bad news the yoke is empty... so there is no chance with no heart beat too in my eyes. theysaid things can happen in a week so we will need to recan next week. last night was bad with all the douts and we knew she could of lost it fully but we was not expecting this..

any suggestions / advice / possibilitys / or just give up hoping which is nasty thing but its killing us.

thanks

simon.

If she is certain about her last period, it sounds like a missed miscarriage to me.

With mine, I found out at my 12 week scan the pregnancy had stopped at 8 weeks.

It explains the bleeding/clots and low hormone levels.

If she is unsure on her dates, then it could be dating at 6 weeks, in which case not everyone sees a HB until over 6 weeks, which is why they will be waiting to re-scan just in case.

Sorry I don't have any other advice.
FX'd for you xx

Hi. I respect you for coming on here and caring so deeply about what you and your wife are going through..

I had an early scan at 9 weeks.. and found twin babies with no heartbeats.. they had to induce my miscarriage (which was horrible).

My advice would be go back to the scan next week.. see what happens there.. write down any questions either of you have to ask her doctor AND sonogrammer.. it will help out. And just simply be there for her.. this is going to be hard for both of you.. but also.. maybe there is a little hope out there..

Good luck.. xx

Hi All.

need some advice as i am very confused at the moment.

My other half informed me on the 9th of march she was pregnant we went to the docs who booked an appointment for the midwife who stated she was around (13 weeks todays) last period 22/1.

everything was fine this was my partners 2nd child so the weight came on quick.

he first scan was due next thurday, but this past weds she started bleeding. thinking the worst as she had a miss in jan 2006 at 12weekish mark. but there was no pain and only abit of blood / dab blood.

the doc just did an internal no bloods and said said the Cev was still closed and it was outside informed if it gotworst to come back and will will do the scan this coming friday

yesterday the bleeding stopped then started then stopped. then last night there was clots.

rushed her in to ANE after calling docs waited 2 hours at ANE = did bloods and upstairs for 5 hours untill a doc arrived after 4 hours of waiting.

doc did another internal exam. came back it was still closed but her bloods aint right her hormones came back just slightly over 3000 mark/ gcch*?

this wasnt right for her pregnancy dates so she adviced to bear in mind 50/50 we could of missc.... asked about the positive aspect chance are there is a baby with low hormones as the dates cant be very wrong. she said not could and know known cases.

we went home for afew hours as she never had any pain still..

came back for the scan at 11 this morning and found out
baby there - no heart beat - about 6/7 weeks. - size was 6 if it was 7 there is no chance it would ever having a heart beat - further bad news the yoke is empty... so there is no chance with no heart beat too in my eyes. theysaid things can happen in a week so we will need to recan next week. last night was bad with all the douts and we knew she could of lost it fully but we was not expecting this..

any suggestions / advice / possibilitys / or just give up hoping which is nasty thing but its killing us.

thanks

simon.

Hi Ya,

I had simular probs. in my pregnancy i was 8 weeks sadly babys heartbeat had stopped at 2nd scan as heartbeat was very weak at first scan, its not an easy wait when ur waiting for a rescan but even though deep dwn i knew it was the bad news id get at 2nd scan i still kept some hope up, but its been seen not to pick up a heartbeat at 6wks or under as i had to wait til i was 7 and half weeks for 1st scan so they could pick a heartbeat up.

I hope it all goes ok whatever happens , this forum is great and helped me so much through the months as mine happened march 12th so much advice on here, hence why im still here,

Keep posted how re scan goes all the best for u and ur wife

Rachy x

The hormones match if she is about 6 weeks along, but if you are sure about the dates it sounds like it stopped growing early and the body didn't register that to miscarry. She could monitor her bloods to see if the HCG # goes up every 2 days and also just do another scan next week to check for growth & a heartbeat. It sounds like by next week things will be more definit and the doctors will advise you what to do. I'm sorry you had to endure this and I do hope it all works out in a safe and healthy way.

Hi Thanks for all your reply. when i was writing the above she nipped off to bed as it was along night last so i nipped out for some fresh air, i got a call so i had to rush back she was in pain like the 1st miss back in 2006, she was bleading heavy clots with one big clot which the midwife at the ANE said it was the full sack. i am gutted but kinda relifed that we 100% know.. mrs029 i didnt think like that i thought timing has got to be wrong but it cant be more then likly somthing happend in the 7th week so hence no change of size but its taken this long to show up. - i read on web that sometimes people are unaware they have missc.. untill their first scan with out no warning signs.
middwife said give 3 month break. but its been hard we have been trying since the 1st missc back in 2006 as Gf has EMBTiontist*** we heard that its easy to get pregnant again when u have misssc so we are thinking about giving it a go any thoughts? i am aware it could lead to another missc... due to hormones but has anyone beaten the odds. i think half the time the docs allways get it half wrong... thanks again - simon.

Sorry to hear of your loss simon xx

i would wait until after her period shows.. and then give it a go.. my doctor also told me to wait 3 months.. and we waited until after two periods until we started trying again.. unless the doctor gave her specific reasons to why she should wait..

i had no warning signs of my miscarriage.. and it was awful when went for an early scan and found our babies there with no heartbeat.. :cry:

thanks all, shelby > they just said because her hormones would be dropping from one pregnancy loss then trying to rise with another pregnancy would fail.... she is feeling very brudy allready.

sorry about your loss x.. what drives me insane is there is loads of people out there who can get pregnant easy no problem who are silly and gett pregnant and dont want them!! and then there are people who want to be mothers / fathers who cant!!!

and thank u all for your replys - take care.

simon.

I had a m/c in early January, and have fallen pg again straight away and all is well this time.

My midwife said there is no reason not to try again, they only advise you not to so they have clear dates for the next pregnancy.
A lot of other women on here have been told the same thing.

Her body will not ovulate again until her pregnancy hormones go back to almost zero.

Good luck xx

We lost our little bean on Good friday & we weren't told anything about when to start ttc again. So at the mo we are not trying but not preveting either.

I think my hormone levels dropped/crashed on Wednesday, I had a really rough day spent mostly in tears, & now my body seems to be gearing up to ovualte again.

I think you have to do what is best for you & what you feel most comfortable with.

Wishing you all the bestin your journey to ttc & I hope you get a sticky bfp soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->