Miserable :(

starstarstar

Reaction score
I had nausea with my first but nothing too bad, this time I just feel awful. I constantly feel sick and nothing is making it any better. It feels like I'm neglecting my 2 year old as I only have the energy to sit on the settee and try to relax otherwise the sickness gets so much worse. I've been getting light headed and dizzy the past few days too and have had bad headaches. I'm only 6 weeks so I don't know how I'm going to cope if it continues for much longer.

It's horrible that I feel like this, it should be a happy and exciting time but I'm just miserable. Does anyone else feel like this? X

Massive hugs to you, luckily I'm not suffering from feeling light headed but I do feel rubbish all the time and I have literally no energy. My oldest boy is 3 so I feel awful when I get home from work and don't feel like doing anything with him. My youngest has just turned 9 months and I feel like he's being completely let down. This baby wasn't planned and so I already feel like my youngest will miss out on so much attention as he grows up.

I hope you feel better soon x x

Thanks George, I don't know how you're doing it with two LOs already! All I want to do is sleep haha! Just think how close yours will be, they will love growing up together so don't feel bad about your youngest missing out xx

I was feeling rough from the word go this time. I got anti sickness meds from the Dr because I felt it was interfering with looking after my LO.

I think I'm going to have to go to the doctors on Monday to ask them, it's not fair on my daughter :( x

This is my third pregnancy, with my first I was sick the entire time but could rest since I didn't have a toddler to chase after. I was on Zofran, and Unisom to help keep the vomiting to a minimum. With my second I was on the same meds and at 20 weeks my sickness just went away, but it was so hard as my oldest was 2 years old and I needed to save my energy or I would end up getting sick. This time around it is a million times worse. I threw up 2-3 times a day for 5 weeks, then spent a day throwing every bit of food I tried to eat and the following day threw up all food and liquid and ended up in the ER for fluids. Since then I have added Diclegis to my meds and it has helped tremendously! I still feel somewhat sick but not nearly as bad as it was. It is very difficult to be pregnant, sick and have children to look after. Remember to ask for help if you need it, rest when you can and it should pass eventually and all will be forgotten. Good luck! And if the meds they give you don't help, make sure to ask to try something else because not everything works for everyone (trust me I have tried quite a few meds). Good luck!!

Welcome to my world! Lol. I've been sick since just about 6 weeks and it has not let up! I'm talking getting sick when I wake up, when I drink water, when I eat, when I sleep...its horrible! I throw up at least 5-6 times a day. If I dont take my diclegis its closer to 10-12 times a day. I did have a good day 4 days ago so I'm hoping for more of those soon! Zofran (the kind that dissolves on your tongue) and phenegran (the kind you use in your rectum) did absolutely nothing for me.

What kind of helps me: sipping on fizzy carbonated flavored water and sometimes plain crackers. Diclegis is basically two things: b6 and the active ingredient in unisom which is actually an antihistamine. If you need relief before you can contact your Dr I'd suggest going to your local health foods store and getting a bottle of B6.

Hope you feel relief soon!

I am the exact same. Nothing seems to help. I haven't actually been sick once but have felt non stop sickness from.about 5 weeks. I'm going to go to the Dr to to ask for something to help as it's torture x

Just had a telephone appt with my doctor and she's prescribing me with some anti sickness tablets. Praying they work! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->