Missed period and bleeding

Andromeda214

Reaction score
Hi. I joined this forum because I haven't gotten proper answers on another, only questions, to whose answers are: 1) no, I do not have PCOS; 2) my periods are regular (30 day cycles).

About ten days ago I went to the ER due to ovarian pain. Needless say, there was a cyst there (not follicular). However, it was only 3cm. My endometrium was 11mm thick and the doctor told me to expect my period in 2 days tops (a few days after it was due). He told me that if it did not come within 10, I should take a hpt. The pain/cramping was gone the following day. Five days later, I began bleeding. I thought it was my period, but then I noticed something very off: it was bright red blood while wiping (no old blood, no clots, no tissue), with the occasional drop on the panty liner. I'd never had that. Plus I had zero cramping (all my life, even o birth control, I've had very strong cramps for days). Dragged my butt to the ER yet again, and the doctor confirmed breakthrough bleeding, as my endometrium was still there, yet thinner (6.5mm). He sent me home saying I was fine, to do the hCG blood test just to "rule out" pregnancy, as he thought was unlikely, and to expect a real period in 30 days. His claims were "irregular periods", but my periods were just fine, real and regular. WTF?

I am now 12 days late. Bleeding was on Thursday/Friday and lasted for only 30 hours.

Could I be pregnant? Or could the bleeding have been caused by something else? Why was only part of the endometrium shed when I had one thick enough for my real period less than a week before? Now that the residual blood is gone, I just wiped a chunk of tacky, stretchy, opaque CM. Any input would be of help. Thanks!

Could you go see an ob Dr instead of the er? The er doctors aren't obstetricians so it would probably be best to see your ob as a follow up. Good luck!

Have you taken a hpt? Because you mentioned the doctors told you to take one several times, but I didn't catch any mention of hpt results. Not sure if I missed them. Is there a reason why the ER doctors didn't administer one? I've been the ER and they have done blood tests right then and there.

As far as possibility of being pregnant, if you had sex around time of ovulation then yes. Unfortunately, when you have ovarian cysts it can and will affect your ovulation regardless of how regular you were beforehand. I was 27 days regular my entire life, could predict my period down to the hour. But then I had an ovarian cyst. One cycle was 60 days, one was 45 days, and I forgot how long it took after the cyst resolved to go back to regular.

I did get pregnant with my cyst. The cyst delayed my ovulation to CD 28. I had unprotected sex Cd 27 thinking my period was due the next day so running to the store to get a condom my one night stand conveniently forget to bring (asshat) seemed unnecessary. The problem was the cyst did not resolve while pregnant. It got super charged from the pregnancy hormones and I ultimately had to choose between my tube and my pregnancy.

I have had several periods that were short and heavy or short and light and not been pregnant.

So you may or may not be pregnant, but you have to take a test to know. Hope this helped. And keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->