Missed pills

Amber

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new on here, me and my husband want a family but want to wait another year or so just until we're a bit more financially stable etc. We had to go away for work at the beginning of the week for a few days and I forgot to take the pill with me. I normally keep it in my toiletry bag but as I'd been on my break I forgot to put a new pack in which means I missed the first three days. As it was at the beginning I didn't think it would matter too much but since being home and doing some reading I've got a bit worried it is actually a crucial time. I've been on the pill about 9 years and we had sex everyday during those missed days. Having always been really careful do you think I could get pregnant from this - I have no idea, thanks

Have you read the leaflet that comes with your Pill?
I'm sure mine says that if you miss a pill & have sex then there is a chance you could fall pregnant
Sorry i cant be of more help x

Yep I've read the leaflet in the pack and it says there's a chance but not how big a one. If it's a small chance I wouldn't be that concerned but if it's highly likely I'd be worried, thanks for the help x

I think the only thing you can do is wait x would it be a bad thing if you were pregnant? x

It wouldn't be a bad thing, it would take some getting used to and isn't really the right time for us but I suppose is there ever a perfect time? We're married with our own house and have our own business so we're not in a bad situation. I'll just have to wait and see what happens, x

Try not to worry to much, at the end of the day it sounds ur are in a happy stable relationship, so an unplanned pregnancy wouldn't be the end of the world, just not ideal timing. Were TTC and i came of the pill (i'm 24) in May and i'm still not PG so with that thinking in mind you would be very lucky/unlucky. However i don't want anyone who is in no way ready for a baby to read my post and think missing pills is ok, it's not and missing just 1 at any time can cause pregnancy. Hope that's some help. XXX

Amber, I know it's hard but it's basically just a wait and see game now. Although I've never missed 3 pills in the beginning of a pack, I have missed 3 pills in a row and then the following week I missed 2 more (was having a rough month) :dohh: and nothing happened - try not to worry.

Did you make up those pills or did you just continue on?

I thought it was too many to make up so just continued as normal. Like you say I think it would be lucky/unlucky if I were pregnant. I'll wait and see what happens and try not to think too much about it until then, x

I've always been told that if you miss one or two then it's okay so long as it's in the middle of the pack. If you miss 3 or more, or you miss them in the first/last week of the pack then you're at risk of pregnancy. Just a case of wait and see xx

Also, for the 7 days after you forgot them you weren't protected from pregnancy then either, so if you didn't use additional protection then it is possible you may have fallen pregnant. x

I missed 2 pills in my 3rd day of taking my pills and now have got to wait to see if i come on.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->