Missing BFing!!!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Lara+sam+bump, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Lara+sam+bump

Lara+sam+bump Well-Known Member

I really miss BFing Noah, he used to b a major boobie baby, then when he was weaned at 5 months due to weight loss, he started to feed for less time, then he started dropping feeds until we were down to 3-4 feeds of like 5-10 mins. It got worse and worse and I knew I was drying up as I hav always had a strong painful letdown and I could no longer feel my letdown at all :cry:. But I kept putting him on in the morn and nite, he wouldn't feed for long but he had a little bit especially in the eve. Then he started to refuse those as well, crying when I tried, wriggling and thrashing when I held him in position, and then just biting me if I did get him to latch, so about 4 days ago I had to admit defeat and stop putting him on as it was just upsetting him and me. Ive been pumping 6-8 times a day, but only get an ounce, so I know my surply is rubbish. Gonna see the doc for some domperidone as I wanna be able to pump about 4 ounces a day at least for his morning snack which he has in his sippy cup. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I just miss it so much and get so jealous hen I see/hear about other women breastfeeding, so wanted to get to 12-18 months :( xx

2. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

Awww hun :hugs: I havent but Tabs seems to now not feel like she needs milk :( It is sad when that happens

3. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

You've tried fenugreek first? I've tried that and domperidone last pregnancy and had much better results, personally. Also, fenugreek's main side affect is you and your little ones poop and pee will probably start smelling like maple syrup. Domperidone is also controversial in some countries for lactation purposes.
    I'm not saying don't get the prescription, but fenugreek might work just as well.
    :hugs: I hope you figure it out.

4. Lara+sam+bump

Lara+sam+bump Well-Known Member

Yer im on fenugreek, I used it in the past as well and hav had good results at improving my output, but it just dont seem to be quite enough this time. xxx