Missing mulled wine...

firsttimemumm

Expecting number 2 AND 3!
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding old here I was just wondering if anybody else is missing a drink in particular?! I don't really drink very much; but at this time of year I really miss Mulled Wine!?!?! :wine:

Am wondering whether one teeny weeny glass on Christmas day would be OK? :shrug:

What do you think?

I made some! Just made it a lot weaker and mixed in alcohol free Red Wine and only a little normal wine...the cinnamon etc gives it the authentic flavour still...go for it! x

Of course one glass won't hurt! I've probably had a glass of wine or champagne almost every week so far (I'm almost 24 weeks). They change their mind so often about the advice they give then I think that you just have to decide for yourself. My Aunty once said that the midwife said to her "just don't get so drunk that you fall over as you might hurt the baby!" That was 21 years ago mind...

OMG, am I gonna get shouted out of this thread now?!

Of course one glass won't hurt! I've probably had a glass of wine or champagne almost every week so far (I'm almost 24 weeks). They change their mind so often about the advice they give then I think that you just have to decide for yourself. My Aunty once said that the midwife said to her "just don't get so drunk that you fall over as you might hurt the baby!" That was 21 years ago mind...

OMG, am I gonna get shouted out of this thread now?!

No! I feel better now! Thanks! :hugs:

Mulled wine is the one thing I am missing too! I had a half glass last week.

I also had a half glass of champagne on Sat after telling my parents, that isn't going to hurt anyone.

Oh a glass of red wine or a baileys and ice! I had a baileys last week and it was lush! X

I was thinking of making it and boiling it up to burn off the alcohol?? I miss it! X

The husband did that, and it ended up as syrup!! But to be fair to him he was and still is hyper cautious and just overdid the boiling a little!

I'm missing it too I'm trying to find a non alcoholic version but 1 glass isn't going to do any harm.

Apparently M&S do a non-alcoholic version? I haven't been in to look yet though.

Not to endorse any particular brand BUT M and S have an alcohol-free mulled wine at the moment and it's very close to being as good as the real thing. Only prob is my OH thinks it's lovely and is also drinking it!

Apparently M&S do a non-alcoholic version? I haven't been in to look yet though.

Ah didn't read this before I posted. But yes can confirm they do it and it's pretty darn good. Also really good for taking to a party where you can pour into real wine glasses and pretend your drinking if no-one knows you're preggers (got away with this at a house warming last weekend!).

oh my god, baileys. how i miss you!

Oh tell me about it! Each time I open the fridge a bottle stares me in the face! It's like it's teasing me!! I was allowed one small glass with ice last week to stop the craving! OH said if I touch it again he'll make me watch as he pours it down sink!!!! Lol! I couldn't deal with that so I just open bottle and smell it!!!! Proper cravings for naughty things is just cruel!!!!! Xxxxxx

Another thumbs up for the M&S alcohol free mulled wine :thumbup: It's deelish, and tastes just like the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"