missing pills??

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by priddy, Apr 8, 2009.

1. priddy

priddy Well-Known Member

Realistically how likely is it to become pregnant from mssing taking an odd pill? Just curious??? lol

2. Mrs_N

Mrs_N New mummy

pretty unlikely!
    they make out that missed pill = baby but it's just not reality! the average fertile couple only have a 25% chance of conceiving in a whole cycle without any birth control and :sex: at the right time, ovulation having occured etc so to miss one day and get pg is a fairly slim chance although it is possible.

3. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

Well I know it's possible but I think it's unlikely for most people. I have been pregnant so know that I'm capable of conceiving, and I missed countless pills before but never fell pregnant. I'm really bad for remembering to take tablets, I'm now like that with my Folic Acid!!

But I think there are some people on here who have fallen pregnant while on the pill.

4. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

And I have to agree with Mrs_N. I remember when I first started taking the pill, they told me that if I missed one then I wouldn't be covered for 2 weeks so would need to use condoms. Like I said, I've missed a few pills in a cycle before and it's never happened to me x

5. Peardrop

Peardrop Well-Known Member

I agree with that as well. When I think how much I used to worry back in the early days when I missed the odd one or two as well. Should have saved all that worry for now...!

6. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I think it does happen to some people BUT you have to miss them at the "right" time in your cycle, and probably for more than a day or 2 (usually happens when people get stomach/digestive system upsets and they go straight thru - sorry if tmi)

Sure the docs etc are only being ultra careful telling you to use other precautions if you miss just one, don't want to get sued when you get unwanted pregnancy!