Mittelschmerz & Early Pregnancy Symptoms

zaycain

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

What a wonderful forum! Here is my story:

I am 12 DPO and I've been feeling low grade cramping at my (very) lower abdomen since 3 DPO. It's been so annoying that it's even been waking me up.

I have been blessed with mittelschmerz. It's where I can feel a twinge of pain when I'm ovulating. Only 20% of women feel it and I was wondering if that ability may lead to a sensitivity in early pregnancy cramping.

I've had issues with endometriosis and had cysts removed so I always seem to have feelings down there. The difference is that I had an ultrasound 10 days ago and my doc says that everything looked good. No cysts that cause concern.

Other symptoms include:
VORACIOUS need for salt. Fried pickles, Fried chicken, French Fries.. what have you.
Darker nips.

Here are my questions:
- Do women with Mittleschmerz have a higher sensitivity to uterine cramping as a symptom of early pregnancy?
- Has anyone gotten pregs after a cyst removal surgery?

Thanks ladies!!

z

All good questions. I've been campy since before the weekend so I'm curious about this
Hello ladies!

What a wonderful forum! Here is my story:

I am 12 DPO and I've been feeling low grade cramping at my (very) lower abdomen since 3 DPO. It's been so annoying that it's even been waking me up.

I have been blessed with mittelschmerz. It's where I can feel a twinge of pain when I'm ovulating. Only 20% of women feel it and I was wondering if that ability may lead to a sensitivity in early pregnancy cramping.

I've had issues with endometriosis and had cysts removed so I always seem to have feelings down there. The difference is that I had an ultrasound 10 days ago and my doc says that everything looked good. No cysts that cause concern.

Other symptoms include:
VORACIOUS need for salt. Fried pickles, Fried chicken, French Fries.. what have you.
Darker nips.

Here are my questions:
- Do women with Mittleschmerz have a higher sensitivity to uterine cramping as a symptom of early pregnancy?
- Has anyone gotten pregs after a cyst removal surgery?

Thanks ladies!!

z

Just FYI... (I hate it when there is no closure to a post!)

I am pregnant and have been feeling all sorts of cramps. So I suppose Mittleschmerz helps you feel cramps pretty early!

I've been cramping since 1DPO. Hopefully it means something for me. Congratulations on your BFP :flower:

Congratulations on your BFP! I've been feeling mittelschmerz off and on since 7 dpo (during my first pregnancy the midwife told me that it's due to the corpus luteum cyst nourishing the embryo until the placenta can take over). I'm also having some round ligament pain yesterday and today so I'm not sure. Sometimes I feel totally out and sometimes I feel convinced a BFP is coming.

Congrats! I'm so happy to read this. I'm on CD11 and I think I'm ovulating, as I woke up with cramps. Yay for mittelschmerz lol. Fingers are crossed. We dtd last night and plan to again tonight.

Congrats on your BFP!

I feel mittelschmerz -- not every cycle, but when I ovulate from my left side. Not so coincidentally I have a functional cyst on that side.

I'm also incredibly sensitive to cramping in pregnancy, both very early on and with Braxton Hicks later. So yes, looks like there might be a link.

Congrats on your BFP!

I feel mittelschmerz -- not every cycle, but when I ovulate from my left side. Not so coincidentally I have a functional cyst on that side.

I'm also incredibly sensitive to cramping in pregnancy, both very early on and with Braxton Hicks later. So yes, looks like there might be a link.

That's a good point. I had IU with both kids and I always wondered if maybe I just feel contractions more than other people. Not sure.

Thanks ladies!

Actually it's kinda interesting. I had cysts taken out at the beginning of the year so all of August I was feeling all sorts of ovulation, crampy pain. I was afraid it was back. So I made an appointment with the doctor.

I went in and he poked around and told me to get an ultrasound to see what was up. He said he didn't feel anything. Then I went to the ultrasound, she tells me it's a small cyst but nothing to be concerned about. It was strange because I had pain on BOTH ovaries! I was CERTAIN I had cysts.

Amongst all of that I knew it was ovulation time due to the timing of it all.. so we dtd on that Thursday after the ultrasound. By Saturday I was in worse cramps then before! WTH?

Monday I get a call from the doc, he confirms that it's a small cyst but my uterine lining looked great and to keep TTC. I told him about my cramps and he said.. "maybe something is already happening!" Two weeks later BFP. I kinda knew it.. I just couldn't believe it.

So... I'm wondering if all that poking and prodding helped with conception. Haha.

I have had cramps the entire time. It wakes me up! I guess it's good because I know I am still pregnant, but scared as hell for labor. I always seem to be way more sensitive to pain.

Anyway.. that's my long story. I haven't read anything about mittleschmertz and pain, but compared to my girlfriends I seem to be very sensitive to everything that goes on in my body. It's a blessing I suppose!

That's why god made epidurals, my dear. They are divine ;)

Also, if your womb is well accustomed to contracting it might just whoosh the baby out of there. That's what happened to me ;)

You guys are making me laugh :haha:

Still cramping for me. You are making me very hopeful..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->