Mixed Emotions

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Recently my SIL had another baby which I was absolutely thrilled about - even though they used our favourite boys name! :haha: He's so precious and I am over the moon that he is now here.

The only problem is that I'm having a major case of broodiness myself and can't help being a little bit jealous. Being able hold him is amazing but I still feel sort of sad. Seeing my OH with him is even worse - I know he will be such a great dad. My OH is not emotionally ready to start TTC yet and, to be fair, we aren't in the best place yet financially either. I just find myself wishing it could be my turn already. Everywhere I seem to look people I know have either had babies or are pregnant. Some of them are in far less stable situations than us and it makes me mad that I have to wait.

I know there wasn't really a point to this post I just wanted to get it off my chest. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Absolutely Hun, we are only human, I get broody playing with my almost 3yr old :wacko:

Yep!! My best friend now has 2 gorgeous sons the younger of which is now about 4 months and every time i get a cuddle i get this pang deep down and a little voice that starts whineing - whens it gonna be our turn!!! (cue my inner self stamping her foot and getting impaitient! ;) )
But it will be eventually.
And untill then i have to remind myself that everybody has something that makes it not the easiest of times and if mine is just having to cope with the waiting untill we can start trying then i'll take it gladly!! (however i have a feeling its not going to be so quick and easy after all the waiting either! But i'm not crossing that bridge yet!!! ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->