mixed feeding,

sublime_ivy

Reaction score
I want to start mix feeding and eventually stopping bf. since dex was born he just feeds and feeds. We are now on solids and he still wants to be fed every 2 hours or less even at night and I have had enough tbh.

does anyone have any advice on how to mix feed. I'm not sure if he will even take a bottle yet but if not I will be using a beaker. Anyway I just need advice on when is the best time to give a bottle in regards to not messing up my milk supply to much. I would like to at least be able to give 1-2 breast feeds a day but I have no clue on how to go about it all. I am gonna post this in the formula section too.

Thanks

no advice as i'm still quite new to bfing, but i just wanted to say good luck, however it goes! your Dex is gorgeous btw!!! :)

My son feeds morning, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, evening and 2-3 times at night so I know what you are going through. I want to cut back his night feeds if he doesnt stop by a year.

I would use a sippy cup if he is already drinking from one. I would just try replacing one feed at at time to keep your supply up. Maybe give him a cup of milk and a snack in place of one of his day time feeds to start? I know that my son will skip a feed during the day if we are out and doing something so maybe try distraction as well. I would try to get him to eat more at his meals if you can so he isnt as hungry.

I think night time will be harder I think maybe try to get him to take a beaker during the day first then try night time

On speaking to a family support worker just before christmas about the fun and joys to come, I heard that around 9 months babies tend to wake more during the night in order to show you that they are still there, and often woman just feed. Is it possible that he isn't actually hungry during the night when he wakes and just wants comfort?

I've no idea about the mixed feeding - sorry! :blush: but Rydia's advice seems sensible!

Will be watching this thread!! Though I think milk feeds are still more important than food?!
My LO feeds all day and all night still too - you're not alone with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->