Mixed feelings

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by lindsayscoob, Mar 31, 2011.

1. lindsayscoob

lindsayscoob Mummy to 2 girlies

Well I've got a week to go until I finish work (only 3 working days) and now its so close I'm feeling quite sad about it. I know I'm ready to finish, but its going to be weird. And I'm very conscious its not all that long until Bud makes her appearance. I may well be induced at 38 weeks, if so I've got 5 ish weeks, but whatever they've said I won't be allowed to go over 40. I'm so excited to meet her but I'm aware this will be my last pregnancy and I love being pregnant so much I feel really sad to think of it coming to an end. I love having her inside me (maybe I've not got to the completely uncomfortable, get it out stage yet) Just feeling tired and emotional tonight I think, sorry for the moan.

2. Spunky

Spunky James' and Juliet's Mama!

:hugs: I'm looking forward to being done with work, but not sure what I'm going to do with my time off. (At latest my last day will be at 36 weeks). Sorry you're emotional and tired, I feel you. I may go take a nap ;)

3. Emmy1987

Emmy1987 Mummy to a princess!

I'm feeling sad about finishing, I finish in may but I know I won't be going back as we're moving 90 miles away so I'm not actually looking forward to my last few days. Everyone at work is already saying they'll miss me :(

Enjoy the last few weeks while you can, sorry you're feeling sad about it. Have a nice nap or something :)

4. lovepink

lovepink Well-Known Member

I know your feeling! Im feeling sad about leaving, even though im so tired and still have 4 weeks left. I work for the NHS and have been put at risk of redundancy, so will be redeployed and won't actually return to my current job which i love unless i choose to go for competitive interview next week, which im not really feeling up to so havedecided to take another job which is similar but it just wont be the same :-( Im sure ive made the right decision but its been so hard dealing with the fact that when i return from mat leave i wont be working with the same people or client group. These last few weeks Ive turned into an emotional wreck! Poor DH! Its not quite how i imagined spending my last few weeks of pregnancy but maybe something is meant to be. Hope u feel better soon hun x

5. lindsayscoob

lindsayscoob Mummy to 2 girlies

Thankyou all. Think I'm just a bit overwhelmed now its so close. I've got lots of lovely things planned for next few weeks, as well as some rest. I wanted to spend time with my DD over Easter hols, but she's on a pony day camp for 3 days and the 2nd week she's decided to spend the week with my parents as normal, but has said I can meet them for lunch one day. Its nice she wants to go as it will be her last school break before baby comes and some lovely one to one spoiling for her, but I feel a bit put out!