mixed race babies

bjshooter

Mum and preggers
Reaction score
Anyone else having a mixed race baby and does it affect you in anyway? Surely these days no one cares right?

What worried me slightly was afew articles i read about mums who felt like they couldnt connect with their children as they were so different from themselves. I personally cant see it being an issue, but it did get me thinking.

Hi...my husband is Hispanic/Black and I'm a pale Welsh girl lol, we just had a baby and he unexpectedly (against all dominant DNA) came out very fair, with light brown hair and blue eyes. What I can tell you is that if he had come out with green and purple spots, it wouldn't have mattered a bit, just as it doesn't matter to DH that the baby doesn't have brown skin and kinky hair. So don't worry about connecting with your baby because of what s/he looks like. :hugs:

My hubs is Japanese and I am an Aussie with irish/scottish roots.

We will live in Japan and I think my partner is more worried about it than I am- he is afraid the police will think he has kidnapped the baby that looks "half" or "foreign". In Japan- that could happen but I keep telling him it won`t.

Does not bother me in the slightest- I have a lot of friends with mixed race babies and they are adorable and I personally have no worries.

I do worry about when they start school as bullying is an issue in Japan for children that are "half".

My cousin had this issue. She is white irish and he was carribean. My nan stopped talking to her. We have the same idea that prejudices of our elders dont carry down the family. Lexci is now 4 months and 2 weeks old and is gorgeous!!! x

it doesnt actually bother me, what does a bit is that my daughter who is white, sometimes makes strange comments about it. She actually said once why cant i have a white baby like her.

well shes only young, you can just explain that if everyone was white it would be a pretty boring planet. and the blood that runs through her and the little one are both red. so as long as its not green you should be ok :) x:hug:

Race and ethnicity are, I've concluded, only what we make them to be. But when I got together with DH, I was amazed and horrified by the very most basic level of some of the bigotry we received.

I'm not worried, through, about LO. S/he will be gorgeous, bilingual and confident enough to define him/herself in any way s/he chooses...

Im mixed raced and all my moms children are mixed race and it hasnt affected her one bit, dont care what other people think hun.Congrats on your pregnacey too.x

My son is a bit more darker than me...I'm Puertorican...with Spanish and French blood...his father was puertorican with spanish blood and he was very light...I have a natural tan...what ppl call olive tone skin...my daughter...is really white with golden tone skin and she has dirty blonde hair...she is half what i am and half italian...and so its this one in my belly...the father is white white...with pink tones...just like my dad...
I'm the only "Dark" one from my siblings...well I'm just different lmao...one of them has light brown hair/green eyes...and the rest are just white with light brown hair (my sister has dirty brown hair) with brown eyes...oh and they are all tall...and I'm only 5'2 lmao

My family is all mixed..and they are all different colors, with dif har/eyes...my baby could come out with blue/green/hazel eyes...and could be REALLY dark because of my genes lmao...Oh may want a DNA test lmao...it doesn't bother me one bit...if I fell in love with a person that means...I'm going to LOVE my baby even more!!!!!

it is just sad that society is still so screwed and so immature about color...mixed ppl are either accepted more or get it even worse bc "they dont belong"...it just sucks

I'm white and my dh is asian, I can't wait for our baby will be born, will be beautiful and will have the benefit of 2 cultures xx

hi there :0)
would not let it worry you, i myself have 4 white british children and my 5th and the one im carrying now are half indian and its never been an issue within are family,
yes devayat has a tan to his skin brown eyes etc but as i said never an issue,
had a couple of looks when me my partner and the kids go out but if people are that small minded then i feel sorry for them and its their problem not mine.
xxx

Well I am mixed race myself and I know that my mum had a hard time from her parents at first but when i was born I think that went out of the window. We live in a multicultural society and we see it everywhere its not unusual.

I have a step daughter who lives with us full time. She has often asked why I have a different coloured skin, I just told her that my mum was white and my daddy was black and its like mixing paint!!! lol bless her shes only 6. She actually had a best friend at school who was black and she was gutted when she moved to australia poor thing

Ive grew up with this race thing all my life, nothing will phase me now, dont let it phase you, you have made something special

Just explain it to your daughter, she will understand, honestly xxxxx

If you think about it the majority of people are interracial. My mother is Hispanic and Italian and my dad is Native American and French Canadian. My sister came out with RED hair, blue eyes, and a really pale complexion. I came out with green eyes, dark hair, and a light complexion. Neither of my parents have light skin. My dad is dark and my mom is even darker. It doesn't matter what others think, nothing can break a mothers love for her child, even if it is a few racist comments. Keep your head up and don't let anyone's words cut you or your child down. :)

I'm Caucasian, Stan's Chinese so Hannah is mixed race :) Honestly it hasn't affected my bond with her one little bit. She's my daughter and I could really care less what others think. But yes I have noticed that we do sometimes get dirty looks from others when we go out, sad that that happens in today's society

The father of my unborn baby is jamaican and I am white. It would not bother me and skin colour could NEVER stop me from bonding with my baby. I made that baby, carried him inside me for 9 months and will love it wheather he was pink, green, yellow, brown or black. My boyfriend feels the same. My baby will be beautifull to me regardless of how he looks or skin colour...xxx

My Aunt(white) and Uncle(black) had 2 BEAUTIFUL perfect babies, whom now have grown and had to face the harshness of the world. I wish the world was different and could accept people for the depth of their character rather than pigment of skin. Let's be honest, I'm an Italian girl who turns a very golden/dark brown in the summer... I LOVE IT. How many girls lather themselves in oil to achieve a tan?? So, we look to change our skin to a darker tone as we find it attractive... so where does this racism come from?? My closest friends are Irish, Black, Indian, Korean, and Lebonese... the most wonderful people on earth who enrich my life with their culture and good nature. I adore them as they are my family, it makes me sick to my stomach that innocent children are victim to close minded bigotry.

My Aunt and Uncle's son, Lucas is my godson. One day he came home and asked me what a n*gger was. My jaw hit the floor as he explained that "he didn't want to be a jerk," and that he cried when he was picked on. So I asked how this came about. As I was trying to hold my composure and not explode, he said "a girl told me her daddy told her I was a n*gger." My eyes welled up with tears at the disgust and hurt I was feeling. Disgust that someone could place their racist comments in their child's YOUNG mind and hurt that my L-man was experiencing such hatred based on his skin tone (which is so similar to mine, he might as well be my twin). My Aunt handled the situation and I vowed on that day that my child be exposed to ALL cultures, learning we are all humans who deserve RESPECT. I'm praying I live to see the day when no race looks at another with anything but peace.

xoxo

Anyone that doesn't respect your child and your love for your OH isn't worth the dirt under your shoes. Bigotry is unacceptable, period.

My son is mixed race and i am white and it hasnt affected me in anyway or my family. I would love him even if he was pink with blue spots, hes my baby either way!

My baby will be mixed race, I'm very pale and the father is afro-caribean. I dont think that it will affect me bonding with my child at all as I really dont care. The only thing I do find at the moment is that I can't picture what my child will look like, there's no way of knowing the tone of their skin until they're here. It doesn't bother me, it just means I picture my baby a thousand different ways.

I think that my step-dad will have a problem with it but I just dont care so I don't plan to acknowledge it in any way.

well actually for awhile i thought i would have a problem because my OH is Hispanic and i thought hes family and him would always have the baby speaking spanish and what not .. i do want my baby to speak both english and spanish .. but i dont want its hispanic side to be so dominate i have nothing in common with my child. but i dont think about it so much anymore .. its my baby .. my blood .. ill have a connection with it regardless.

Well I am mixed race myself and I know that my mum had a hard time from her parents at first but when i was born I think that went out of the window. We live in a multicultural society and we see it everywhere its not unusual.

I have a step daughter who lives with us full time. She has often asked why I have a different coloured skin, I just told her that my mum was white and my daddy was black and its like mixing paint!!! lol bless her shes only 6. She actually had a best friend at school who was black and she was gutted when she moved to australia poor thing

Ive grew up with this race thing all my life, nothing will phase me now, dont let it phase you, you have made something special

Just explain it to your daughter, she will understand, honestly xxxxx

I have explained it to my daughter like mixing paint too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"