mixed signals help !

militarymama

Reaction score
My husband and I have been ttc for about the last 3 months or so & I've just recently begun to use opks and pay attention to the "signals" my body has been sending me . So two days ago (saturday) I had tons of ewcm but was unable to bd since he was working . The next day it was like the Sahara desert ! But today its back , & if I have a "normal" cycle , I'm due to O tomorrow but I did 3 opks today and all were negative . I'm so confused! I'm not sure if I O late or early , if I've missed my chance or not , basically I'm a confused mess lol . Any ideas what the heck could be happening ?

Are u getting your periods regularly?
I find it best not to stress over opks etc and just have sex every 2nd day- then when you ov there's bound to be sperm waiting!

Af usually comes every 29 days , and most times I get ovulation pains but nothing yet and I'm on cd14. But that sounds like great advice . Hopefully he's up for that !

If you have a 29 day cycle then u should ov around day 15.
Personally if it were me, I'd ditch the opks and try dtd every 2nd day from about day 10-20. Then no matter when it happens your covered.

Opks are quite unreliable to be honest, try temping as it's the only way to confirm your O!

I've only recently become serious about ttcing and I just learned about opks . How would I begin to start temping ? I would love to try a more accurate way ! & thanks ladies I'm sure you both have just saved me a bunch of money now that I know they aren't really useful !

I started using OPKs about 3 cycles ago and really liked them, until this cycle. I test at least once a day, sometimes more (when I think I am about to get a positive) and this month, I did not get a positive, but according to my temps, I have ovulated. Who knows...

As for temping, make sure you get a basal thermometer, and take your temperature first thing in the morning when you wake up, before you get out of bed. You want to try to do it around the same time everyday. You can track your temps on fertility friend, along with your other symptoms, to determine when you ovulated.

The downside of temping only (and why I started using OPKs), is that temping only tells that you ovulated after you ovulated, so it is not as good to use to determine when to BD. But, I am learning the hard way that OPKs are not always reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"