Mixing formula brands

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by maccy, Aug 20, 2009.

1. maccy

maccy Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls

I am bf at the moment but giving one bottle of SMA Gold in the night, my LO suffers terribly from Colic so I thought I may try the Cow and Gate Comfort, I tried her on it one night and she was sleeping through with the the SMA but with the C&G she woke after only 3 hours. So I switched her back to the SMA. However I now have the whole tub of C&G left. I am now starting to get her off the breast and onto the bottle in the day and was thinking could I give her the C&G through the day and the SMA for the night time or should I just bin the SMA?????? Anyone know?

2. K&H

K&H Well-Known Member

I dont think you should be mixing brands might be too heavy on LO tummy. specially if she is colicy.
    Im sure someone here will know though.
    x

3. maccy

maccy Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls

Thanks for responding hun, my health visitor just called and said it's fine, they all contain the same stuff, just the taste that maybe different and cause my LO is BF she's used to changing tastes anyway so she seems to like it! Once my SMA is all gone I'll keep her on the C&G!

4. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

I found switching formula brands was hard on my little guy at that age. He got extremely gassy and fussy if and when I did.