• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

mixing medicine in with food...

NickyKB

Reaction score
My LO is on antibiotics (amoxicillin the bright yellow 'banana' flavoured one) and he hates it. we're only 4 doses in and he's just outright refusing it. He's always been good about taking medicine before so I don't want to force him to take it from a spoon/syringe and end up with him refusing other medicine in the future. At lunch I tried mixing it in with his yogurt and he ate it all no fuss didn't even seem to notice anything different.

We've got 6 days left to go and i don't really want to mix it with yogurt 3 times a day as I don't want him to come to expect yogurt with every meal. what else can I mix them in with???

If just go with the yogurt personally if it's working - how about mixed into milk? Can't remember how liquid the abs are. Mashed up banana?

Mixed in with fluid is fine too- my LO just got off antibiotics- I asked if it was Ok to mix with her milk or juice in case. Lucky it was bubble gum flavor and she likes it well enough. I think the pharmacy mixes in whatever flavor they choose (as what they have)- so maybe next time ask for a different flavor? Never heard of bannana before- I doubt my LO would like that either. Can't hurt to ask... if not, just mix with the yogurt/drinks for now ;) Least that works! I cannot get my LO to take her allergy medicine (only comes in grape) so we put it in her morning milk-- even though she doesn't mind the other grape flavors like childrens Tylenol when needed- go figure.

Ah ok thanks, the chemist had said to mix in yogurt if he didn't like it so I didn't know if there were foods I couldn't put it in.
That's great thanks I'll probably stick with the yogurt for now as at least he's eating it whereas most food and fluids are a bit of a battle at the minute whilst he's ill....

I didn't know I could pick a flavour I will definitely ask for different next time (which hopefully won't be for a long time!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"