MJ murdered

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
not sure if anyone has posted this, apologies if it has been, but just seen this on aol -
https://news.aol.co.uk/coroner-jackson-death-was-homicide/article/20090828151132941445244
i'm surprised! i didn't expect him to have been murdered!

It's horrendous!

But I'm afraid to say I'm not surprised at all. One of the first things I said when I found out was that he was murdered!

Awful isn't it!

yep it is terrible - they say they are going for manslaughter of his doctor, but i would have thought if he meant to kill him then it would be murder!!

i thought it was manslaughter, what homicide murder or manslaughter

I don't get the difference between the 3 things?

The doctor obviously knew what he was doing, or he wouldn't be a doctor! Surely that means it's murder!?

I saw this on the news the other day.

They said he died of homicide, which consistes of manslaughter, death by self defence and one other thing i cant remember.

Im completely shocked!

im not surprised. poor michael and his poor children :(

In Canada (not sure how different it is in US or UK) homicide is broken into:

First degree = premeditated (planned) killing, hired killing (if you paid someone to kill someone else), if you kill a police officer (not sure if that part is right), or if you kill person while you are sexually assaulting someone, hijacking a plane, kidnapping, taking a hostage, during any sort of terrorist activity.. and a couple other special circumstances.

Second degree = all the rest, usually spur of the moment/unplanned. For example you come home to find your partner cheating on you and you shoot them.

Manslaughter = I might be a bit off but I think this is when you don't intend to kill somebody but your actions demonstrate recklessness/disregard for life/safety of others. I think if you kill someone while you are driving drunk this is what you can be charged with.. not sure 100% on that.

& then infanticide is separate as well.

But if MJ's doctor prescribed medications in combinations that could be harmful/lethal and he died while taking them, that would be manslaughter.

Tasha's right. This means the doc didn't intend to kill MJ but giving him too much propofol (or whatever it was) is definitely reckless, so this falls under manslaughter (just like drunk driving accidents...)!!

Poor MJ. I am so horribly sick and sad for him and his family! I heard that these DR's seek out famous people and prey on their weaknesses and addictions. I hope this DR is brought to justice. Happy Birthday Michael Jackson. I love you!

But, as a doctor you would know about how dangerous certain levels of drugs are, or what may be unsafe if mixed together.
Surely, if you mix them you know that you would either kill, or make someone seriously ill!

I don't get how that can be manslaughter.

If someone drives drunk and they don't have the intent to kill someone, yet still do it, that doesn't make it murder. That's what makes the difference between manslaughter and murder... intent. It doesn't matter if they know it there's an elevated risk of harming someone or not. If the doctor did not intend to kill Jackson then it's not murder. It doesn't matter if he knew he could kill him.

Willfully giving someone drugs that could possibly harm them is negligence on the part of the doctor. Just like of someone drives without putting their child in a safety seat is child abuse through negligence.

But, as a doctor you would know about how dangerous certain levels of drugs are, or what may be unsafe if mixed together.
Surely, if you mix them you know that you would either kill, or make someone seriously ill!

That's exactly why it's manslaughter, he prescribed these medications knowing how dangerous they were, but not necessarily to kill him. If he had drugged him, like put the medication in his food/drink, that's how it would be murder.

But, he also left MJ after he gave him the drugs...knowing that he could very well stop breathing. To me, that is more than manslaughter.

But, he also left MJ after he gave him the drugs...knowing that he could very well stop breathing. To me, that is more than manslaughter.

It's still negligence, not intent. If he had shot him up with the clear intent of making sure he died and not just gave him a dose that might hurt him, it's still only manslaughter.

OK, look at it like this: What if Jackson had been in the hospital undergoing some procedure and had been given too much medication and died due to doctors not reviving him. Would the hospital staff be charged with murder or with medical malpractice? It would be med. mal. because it wouldn't be the INTENT to kill the patient.

It doesn't matter if they know it could possibly, or even likely, harm someone. Murder charges require clear and present INTENT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->