MMC - What to expect?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
This morning I woke up to bleeding - bright red with small clots. I called my doctor and they had me come in for an ultrasound. I was supposed to be 10+5 but baby was only measuring 9 weeks with no heartbeat. :cry::cry::cry: I am absolutely devastated as this was supposed to be mine and my husband's rainbow baby after two early miscarriages earlier this year. We were so hopeful because We had an ultrasound 3 weeks ago where we saw baby and its little heartbeat. Now it's all over. :nope:

Unfortunately, I didn't get much of a chance to discuss the whole process with my doctor since it was an emergency appointment. He agreed to let me try to complete the miscarriage at home (this was my preference) and we will recheck in a week. If not everything has passed, I'll have a D&C performed. If everything has passed, I'll just get blood tests to make sure HCG returns to zero.

But I really have no idea what to expect in terms of how everything is supposed to go. Obviously, I've already started bleeding and the bleeding has been consistent, although light it's still definitely more than spotting. And it seems to be getting slightly heavier as the day wears on. I haven't had much in the way of cramps, but I have been having minor cramps for a week so that's already started I guess.

I don't know what to expect in terms of how long it should all take, what kind of pain I'll experience, and if I'm even right in thinking that my body is on it's way to doing this itself. Can anyone help?

I really just want this nightmare to be over. :cry:

At that genstation you will pass some large clots with the baby’s sack your will have more like a heavy period and I’ve often feel very strong period pain/cramps. It might be different as both times I’ve chosen to take the tablets which have worked great for me.
So sorry for your loss

Oh you poor thing. I'm praying for you. I'm so sorry this is happening. I'm praying for you. Try and get some physical rest and spiritually and emotionally resting in the Lord. He is with you holding your hand. Praying!

Hi I had a mmc with very similar timings. I had cramping and brown turning red blood for 5 days. I actually took the medication on the Fri eve and slept through most of the pain without any painkiller then passed the baby when I got up i the morning. I've had other mcs which needed medication but I agree that this time my body had done a lot of the work in the week leading up to it. I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible. Take care of yourself.x

I'm so sorry. I have been thinking about you.

My mmc was very different. I only spotted one morning then saw the doctor several days later (he was sure nothing was wrong). I found out baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks. I was 10 at the time and since there was no sign of anything happening I chose to have the D&C.

Hopefully you pass everything on your own, but if not, the D&C was a very quick simple procedure and I only bled day of. Obviously different people have different experiences, but mine was fairly straight forward and easy.

Thank you all :flower:

Late Monday night, early Tuesday morning I got very strong cramps and had some heavy bleeding and I'm 95% sure that I passed the baby/sac then. I am still bleeding some, but it's more like a lighter period. And the cramping is less than my normal period camping. I'm not really sure how long the bleeding is supposed to last at this point, though. :shrug: Physically, I'm feeling fairly good all things considered.

That being said, I'm glad that the worst part of it happened right away and I didn't have to wait for it to happen. It seems like such an odd thing to be thankful for, but I feel like waiting would have been tortuous and with it happening when it did, DH was able to be home with me and help me take care of the kids so that I could rest as much as possible. He's been working 6 days a week (12 hour overnights) so to have him home for the worst of it was a huge comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->