MMR vaccine

neverbeast88

Reaction score
I just received a letter this morning informing me from my blood results I will not be immune from rubella in subsequent pregnancies and I will need a shot just after birth and a booster 6-12 weeks after that.

I already had both jabs when I was a baby as is standard in UK. Has anyone else been told similar?

I have!!! My mum was pretty shocked when I told her as she ensured I was vaccinated as a kid, but the midwife said you can lose immunity to it.

I have!!! My mum was pretty shocked when I told her as she ensured I was vaccinated as a kid, but the midwife said you can lose immunity to it.

So much for "you only need this once" haha!! Grr.

I wasn't vaccinated for measles as a baby/ kid so when I moved to the US in 2007 I got two doses of the MMR vaccine and then had a nasty case of measles and speech problems :nope:
My doctors suggested I get another shot after pregnancy but I won't because of all the problems and controversy as well as my history of problems with vaccines.

They discovered I wasn't immune on my last pregnancy so around 6months after dd was born I got the mmr again. I had no problems with it.

Yep, im one point off not being immune any more and will need to get another shot.

Will definitely be getting it done after baby is born just didn't know how common it was. Especially with the outbreak we had around this area a couple years ago what with people not being vaccinated when they were younger.

Random question but are you in Wales neverbeast88??!!

Ah! I only ask because my sister went to Swansea uni and mentioned they had an outbreak there a couple of years ago and that she needed to check she was still immune. 😃

Ah! I only ask because my sister went to Swansea uni and mentioned they had an outbreak there a couple of years ago and that she needed to check she was still immune. 😃

I had graduated from Cardiff I think the year prior. Such lovely coastline just past Swansea down along the Gower and out down to rhossili bay. Miss Wales a bit haha.

I had graduated from Cardiff I think the year prior. Such lovely coastline just past Swansea down along the Gower and out down to rhossili bay. Miss Wales a bit haha.

I actually went to Swansea uni myself! Graduated 10 years ago now! Met my OH there too :) so we have a real soft spot for wales....went there in March this year for his 36th birthday...went to the Park Vale resort near Cardiff for spa treatments and champagne! Got my bfp a week later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"