MMR

stephlw25

Reaction score
Jamie has his MMR today at 3.45! :( think im more scared than him !! (well of course i am as he has no idea whats going on!!!!!lol)

Did any of your LOs have any side effects from the MMR?

is that immunization, like measles, mumps, rubella (sp?)

we just call it 2,4,6 month shots lol :D

if thats what you are talking about tho, alexis for her 2 month ones it wasn't great, fever, crying, all the fun stuff

her 4 and 6 month ones tho went great (well as good as needles can go anyways) just a bit of crying and then to sleep after

if you give them infant tylenol, motrin, ect (not sure what it is over there) half hour before then it helps :D

good luck hope it went ok :D

Hiya, this one is slightly different to those i think, he had ones at 2,3 and 4 months but they were for diptheria,polio and tetnis.(i think!)
The mmr (measles, mumps, rubella) is given when they are around 13 months old :)
Thanks lexis-mummy, have got the calpol on stand just incase !

has jamie had the new yet? phneumococca(sp)

No he hasnt but when my friend took her little girl for her mmr they gave her that one at the same time!! so maybe he might have it today ?! :? if not i will ask about it today ! :)

Emily was a bit grumpy the day after hers and slight raised temp but thats all

Jack has to go for his Meningitis Hib(new one?) one on weds, hasn't been called for MMR yet, maybe they'll do both

Matthias didn`t have any reaction on the MMR - but he only got it once the second one is still overdue (first it was summer time and very hot, then we went on holiday, then he had a cold...).

We have to get the 2. one within the next few weeks....

Well as i expected they gave him the 2 injections, the mmr and the new one! so poor little thing had one in his arm and one is his leg ! He seems fine now though! :)

Aww poor thing
Bet he was dead brave

My two had it done separate. Its cost a fortune but I was too scared to give them the MMR as my son has loads of allery problems and those kids and those with FH of allergies are at higher risk of developing probs after MMR. Daughter has got mumps left to have in Jan and son just needs mumps booster in about 2-3 yrs. Am interrested in how everyone gets on with new pneumonia vaccine. Alishas just too old I think to have it but bump will probably get, get someone at work said her lo reacted quite badly ( seems ok now), and she is now unsure if she'll give it to other lo.

oooh so the mmr would be the one that dd would get at her 12 month shots?? :? not looking forward to that at all....

what are your guys thought on the chicken pox vaccine?? i personally am not getting it for alexis because i read about if you don't get chicken pox as a child, you could contract it as and adult (shingles) and its 20 X worse :shock: so i would rather just get it over and done with kind of thing lol....never hurt me and i had it twice...thats what i think anyways...any of you getting it for your lo's??

glad to here your lo did ok with his shots :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->