MMR

KX

Reaction score
I cancelled madams last appt for the MMR but booked it in for Wednesday. Spoke with the Dr, raised my concerns etc, and he explained it all to me in a way I'd adhere too!lmao!

basically said to him I was willing to pay for them individually-he said he wouldnt recommend it as the individual injections do not come from the EU and are from pharamceutically underedeveloped countries like the czech republic (think it was here!) where they are not as stringent with policies and storage guidlelines as the EU.

He said he would only take injections made in (other than the UK) Spain, France, Belgium and somewhere else...cant remember!

So she is getting it at 3.30pm Weds!:cry:

Ah hun, at least your Dr explained it to you, unlike the nurse at my surgery the other week. Was so sure she was going to call social services!!

What happened hun?x

Just her look of absolute horror and general manner. Seren was going to have her pneumococcal one, and I asked the nurse what she was going to give her to which she replied the first mmr. I said that I didn't want Seren to have it, and that she was there for the pneumo one. She gave me a booklet about the immunisations, ranted on for a bit on how it was crucial that I got it done as if I had decided on a whim, and then to make sure gave me a second copy of the immunisation booklet. She was a bit sulky with me, and sisn't smile once. She wouldn't let me leave until I swore blind that Seren was going to have the single jabs - which wasn't a complete lie.

Your Dr sound like he gave you some good facts. You are making the best decision for you based on that and I hope next Weds goes very quickly (and painlessly) for you both.

I've yet to decide what my child will get in the way of immunisations. I'm not keen on them getting the MMR at such a young age, but then I wonder if we give our children too many vaccinations over a short space of time. I never got the whooping cough or the MMR as a child, but I later decided to get the MMR when I was older. Does anyone know where I can find some informative info on the different vaccinations children get?

I asked a similar question a while back clicky

sorry its a bit of a long thread :)

I've yet to decide what my child will get in the way of immunisations. I'm not keen on them getting the MMR at such a young age, but then I wonder if we give our children too many vaccinations over a short space of time. I never got the whooping cough or the MMR as a child, but I later decided to get the MMR when I was older. Does anyone know where I can find some informative info on the different vaccinations children get?

Mumps is going around my area at the moment so i am glad i gave my children their MMR as the adults that have got it are quite poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->