Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Pops, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Pops

Pops Proud Mum & Wifey

It's new phone time here and I am stuck on what to get. Had an Iphone and although I liked it, I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be.

So, what have you all got that you would recommend?

xxx

2. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Some boring old Nokia, i used to be a phone freak but since i got pregnant i couldnt be bothered with them, i used to change phones once a month :blush:

Saying that i do want an iphone though, just cant afford to pay ££££'s for them and the ones on ebay go for silly money!!

The Blackberry Storm looks fab as does the Nokia N97 :thumbup:

3. Pops

Pops Proud Mum & Wifey

I'm like you, always just end up with a phone as I can't be arsed with the poney flashy ones that everyone else wants!!

Have a Samsung at the moment and it bugs me as its a bit rubbish so really more looking for something that isn't too little and delicate as I'm a clumsy bugger (one thing I did like about the Iphone!) and that I can text on easily.

My Mum has the Blackberry and I don't rate it that much. I'll have a look at the N97 though, thanks hun :thumbup:
    xxx

4. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

I need this, upgrade next month, OH has the N97 but i don't know if its just too complicated for little old me lol
    Will be interested in whas mentioned:)

Would prefer nokia, this will only been my 4th phone and only had nokias :blush:

5. polo_princess

I think the one i have is the 5800 slide in metal, its actually a pretty simple "new" phone, its got enough of the latest stuff without being too hi tech and having too many gadgets iykwim

Its about a year old now :shock:

Im really debating whether or not to get an iphone, just need the right offer to land in my lap :rofl: ... im not getting another contract when this one runs out, i just dont use my phone as much as i used to and £180 worth of credit a month barely gets touched.

6. Waiting4Bump

Waiting4Bump Well-Known Member

I have to say I love my iPhone, but it's all personal preference at the end of the day!

I think Nokia's are the best overall phones for user-friendliness & they always seem to be really realiable. The ones I had were dropped, sat on, chewed etc and always still worked.

So I'd try an N97, I think! x

7. polo_princess

Mine has been down the toilet and it still works perfectly :rofl:

8. Waiting4Bump

Waiting4Bump Well-Known Member

Yeah, see they are good! :rofl:

My N95 went in the sink, & that still worked. I was gutted when it broke. Something to do with the Software going wrong!

9. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I have the nokia 3600 slide but oh as ordered me the lg veiwty

10. Loveit

Loveit Well-Known Member

Iv got the LG Arena and i LOVE it! It's touch screen, and considering i'm not usually a fan this one is fine. Best phone i'v ever had x

11. jen1604

jen1604 Well-Known Member

I've got a red LG Viewty.Its old now but I love it.Apart from my Nokia 3310 that I had when I was 12 its my favourite phone I've had :rofl:
    I used to get lots of new fancy phones but I just needed something I can take ok-ish pictures with and that will last with my obsessive amount of calling and texting I do and my Viewty is fab for everything I need.
    xxxxxx

12. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

I have the samsung soul got bored of that very fast now looking at the Nokia N97 for my new contract

13. xJG30

xJG30 Tom & Mummy <3

I've got a basic nokia atm..used to have the newer version LG Cookie (KP501) and had nothing but problems with it. the KP500 cookie is a better one though.

I swear by the tocco though and looking for another one atm :)

14. luvbunsazzle

luvbunsazzle Mummy to Rosie

I dont like the N97, personal preference again, it' seems bulky in comparison to the i phone, and the features aren't as good, yet price wise i dont think there is too much difference.

I have th new iphone with the 32gb and i love it, you have all the space in the world for loads and loads of photos and videos so always have the chance of catching that lil moment you might not of catched otherwise, the applications are brilliant, especially all the freebies one. I have payedfor one application and that was something for Mark!

15. icculcaz

icculcaz mum of 3 monsters

i have the samsung tocco ultra. good all round phone but the opera browser isnt quite compatible with this site.....

16. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

I have a LG Renoir KC910

I love it to bits, Large Touch screen and 8MP camera, very easy to use, good on the Internet etc and still quite small compared to some phones

xxx