Moby, Ergo or both?

wigglywoo

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at the wealth of lovely slings available and can't decide which would better suit my needs. I had a ring sling and a mei tei (which I made myself) when I had my dd and loved the latter. I liked, but never really loved the ring sling.

So I guess my question is, would anyone recommend the Moby or the Ergo particularly? OH will also be carrying so I need a versatile carrier to suit us both. I also intend carrying at home and not just when out and about.

Thank you for any opinions and help! :flower:

I got both an ergo and a sleepy wrap. They both work great but the wrap is much easier with a newborn and just around the house. I suspect the ergo will go better with an older baby. I'd buy one now and one later.

Thanks, that was what I was thinking, although a friend has just suggested an Ellaroo! So many choices!!

i think mobys are great when babies are new born or very young because they will corporate with you :rofl: once they get older then the Ergo is a big thumbs up

I would just get a ergo and get the infant insert to go with it. I didn't use my moby for very long.

Mobys are fab for newborns especially twins and Premmies! As they get bigger there's a thousand and one slings to choose from I'd go for a nice supportive woven wrap

I vote both if you can afford it (and I have both myself!)

Moby is best for newborn, Ergo I love for both newborn and especially when older. If you like the Mei Tai, then you will like the Ergo style (soft structure carrier). With the Ergo, you can later switch to back carry (I find this useful at home when doing laundry, and especially cooking).

I did both Moby and Ergo, and I'm certainly happy with doing so! I've worn him (mostly, ordered my Ergo a bit late.) since he was born! :thumbup:

I agree with getting both. Trying to get the moby second hand off of ebay or gumtree would be an idea though as like the other girls so they're not in them for long. Though we paid new for ours and I would say well worth the money. We just purchased an ergo now though as the moby isn't working for us while out and about anymore. As she's older she wants in and out and with the moby and all that fabric it's a lot to faff around with.

We ended up getting the moby instead of the ergo with the insert because I've read around a lot of newborns that just didn't get on with the insert. With the moby you can put them in so many different positions and feel really close with them. I loved that the most. I still use it at home when I know she's sleepy but is fighting it though, and sure I'll use it in the future if for nothing more than to prove to OH it was a good investment! lol.

I prefer the Ergo. I could never get the Moby 'tight' enough, so it was only really comfortable for sitting on the sofa with DD on my chest when she was very little, or walking around the house a little bit. I much preferred my WAHM-made Mei Tai and then got the Ergo and it is much easier to deal with 'on the go' with the buckles.

DH wears it with the waist extension strap, so it's easy enough for us to switch around and both wear comfortably!!

I have another Ergo on the way (limited edition, I couldn't resist :lol:) and was going to sell my first Ergo, but with LO #2 on the way, I will be getting one of the heart to heart inserts and one of us will be wearing the baby and the other wearing DD (or one of us wearing both, if it comes down to it!!).

We have a Manduca, which is similar to an ergo but suitable from birth with no insert required, and I've just swapped from a stretchy to a woven wrap. The Manduca comes into its own in the hot or for days where you want to pop LO in and out really often. You can leave the stretchy wraps tied when you take the baby out, so they're not too bad in that regard, but the wovens you re-tie every time (or at least I have had to so far) so they're a bit more of a faff, but I find them a nicer carry now LO is heavier.

My OH has used the stretchy wrap a few times, but I have to tie it for him. I doubt he'll ever use the woven tbh. He loves the Manduca though, and he can do it himself!!

Just wanted to add that yesterday I wore my 16 week old 13lber yesterday all over the park at a festival for about 4 hours and never once was I uncomfortable. I'm also not a fit person who is quite heavy and I have immense back problems at the moment (going to a chiro 2 days a week at the moment). That's why I give it the :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->