Moby Wrap???

ahcigar1

Happy Mother of 1
Reaction score
So hubby and I have been looking at buying the Moby Wrap. He wants it so while he is working he can still cuddle the baby etc and still work with no issues since he works from home. I would like it cause while out shopping or something my hands would be free and would be much easier.

What are your experiences with this item? Do you love it or hate it? Also was wondering how would I breastfeed or hubby bottle feed with this? Can't seem to find any video tutorials of how to do either. And it would be a huge help at minimum if hubby could use this while bottle feeding when he is working so he will still ahve one hand free to do his job.

Any tips, instructions, reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I was dead set on using the moby. I practiced with dolls before my daughter was born :) In all honesty, it was great for about 2 months and then my daughter hated it... we switched to the ergo (best carrier and best money ever spent...ever)... so I wouldn't buy it again, but since I own one I will use it again. Also, it is nice to use for tummy to tummy time with both mommy/daddy and baby shirtless...

I loved it before I had a baby. I liked it a lot with a baby. I didn't like it after about 3 months. The fabric stretches out a bit (that is not an issue), it is easy to wash... it is very complicated to put on (but fine once you get it), but NOT easy when you are out and about. For casual baby-wearing it will be a bit tough, but if you are die hard, then you can leave it on all day without having to tie and retie. It also was not the best because we had a late November baby so it was cold and trying to take baby from car seat to moby was just not ideal. better for a fall/spring baby... inside it was always great...

if you don't mind dropping $40 on it, I would say go for it.

Thanks for the honest opinion. Anyone else have thoughts on these?

I haven't got one yet, but I'm hoping to before she's born. You might want to go and ask in the Natural Parenting forum further down because there's a lot of knowledgeable people there who know about slings. I believe you can breastfeed in them. They're stretchy so they're only suitable when your baby is small, as they get bigger and heavier you need a woven wrap or a structured carrier like the ergo, as far as I understand. Are there any sling groups or libraries in your area?

i had a home made sling for my DD, worked perfect untill she wanted to walk, just need any cotton lycra material really, not too stretchy cus it will give abit once baby is in, and not too hard where it doesnt give at all,i think mine was about 6 metres long and u can find how to wrap them online, i wouldnt waste £40 on one when u can make it urself for £10 x

I don't know about a Moby wrap but I used a ring sling with my last one and both OH and I adored it. We will certainly be using it again. It was a gift from a friend and the best item we were given. I did look at a couple of websites for how to put it on but it isn't actually complicated. As someone else said, it would even be easy to make rather than buy.

i am a Moby user and i love it! i used it with my DD as she was my third and need two hands for my older boys she would sleep in it i would nurse in in it hands free i would wear her when she was fussy and it would calm her down very quickly. she is 17 months now and i still will put her on my hip or back with it if we are going on a walk and she is tired or a trip at the store. I have used other carriers with my older boys you know the ones with buckles and stuff and those work as well but i felt as those strained my back more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->