Modest Maternity Wear Options

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by fides, Jun 2, 2011.

1. fides

fides Well-Known Member

updated

#1 fides, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. robinator

robinator Guest

Thanks for posting. I have a couple empire waist tops that normally provide decent coverage but since my boobs have blown up I have to keep tugging at it.....

That outfit at the bottom of page 1 looks like something the 19 kids and counting mom wears.

3. SpunkyMunkey

SpunkyMunkey Well-Known Member

About 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, I was super excited to discover that I fit into the bridesmaid's dress my sister had worn at my wedding, and she said I could have it. Guess I won't be wearing that for a while! I haven't even begun to start looking into maternity clothes, as I am no where NEAR that point (though, if I keep up this ravishing hunger, I may get there sooner than later!). But I'll keep this link in mind. Thanks. :winkwink:

4. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

im just going to get plenty of long floaty summer tops lol and when it gets cooler in the fall then i'll layer up my clothes like in previous pregnancys when i was pregnant through the winter, a Bump Band bridges the gaps nicely so i can keep wearing most of my tops will just need some skirts and maternity jeans lol,

5. SpunkyMunkey

SpunkyMunkey Well-Known Member

I am so excited, a friend of mine is going to give me her maternity clothes. We have shared clothes in the past, so it should all fit. Such a relief as I didn't know how we were going to afford to buy me maternity clothes!

6. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

oh god some of the stuff is hideous, haha.

I know what you mean though, i found last time i was preg my maternity tops were starting to expose my tummy a little in the last few weeks :dohh:

7. RaspberryK

RaspberryK Well-Known Member

I find most things too frumpy and too covered up for the summer months and I am really struggling. When I find something nice I can't get a bra that doesn't bloody poke out, is it just me?
    x

8. PinkGlitter87

PinkGlitter87 Aidan's Mummy :)

I got a pair of maternity jeans the other day and have got a few pairs of maternity leggings..... think i will mostly be wearing leggings and long tops through pregnancy, keeping it simple!! :)

9. cupcakemomma

cupcakemomma Finally have our miracle!

The swimsuit is really cute! I liked the site, thanks for sharing it :) Sure, I wouldn't wear some of the things they sell, but I'm a rather modest dresser, and it's nice to see a site that offers them in maternity size.

10. Courtcourt

Courtcourt Well-Known Member

Its the arms for me, all these short sleeve tops have such short sleeves that my arms look so gross! Especially Motherhood!

11. Maman

Maman Guest

euuwww that redd nightgown is awful even my granny wouldnt wear it. divorce would defo be on the cards if i wore that..and those momma dresses...

theres ways of dressing modestly without looking like a sack of potatoes!