Molar Pregnancy

ClaireH

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have recently been diagnosed with a Partial Molar Pregnancy. I have no clue what this means. Anyone got any advice or stories to share? I am totally freaked out and don't know what to do or how to feel.

Thanks!

I was told I may have that, it turned out I didnt but had very similar symptoms which included alot of blood loss as I chose to have a 'natural' miscarriage after being told id already miscarried.
if it's already been diagnosed have you been referred for a d&c as this is what I was going to have to have if it was confirmed to be a molar pregnancy as the cysts that are filled with blood can spread through your body so they obviously want to get rid of all the tissue right away.
try not to panic, though its easier said than done I know. Hopefully you will be booked in for surgery soon and be on the road to recovery. Im so very sorry for your loss xoxo

Thanks for your supportive message, Happy. I am sorry you have been through a miscarriage and similar experience.

I have actually already had the D&C and it was during follow up testing that they discovered this molar aspect. I don't really understand (so much to take in during one appointment with the doc!) but it would seem that there is still tissue remaining. I was sent away after being told the hospital would be in touch but of course now I'm totally panicking and wondering what is going to happen. So now I am waiting for another appointment to find out the extent of the molar and what treatment if any I need. As if having a miscarriage isn't hard enough without all this going on :-(

xx

Oh no, sometimes youd rather not know if you are just going to be sent away and left to worry.
If the hospital haven't been in touch right away hopefully its not as bad as ive made out.
Please keep me updated and try not to stress yourself out too much, its amazing what these doctors and nurses can do :)) xoxo

there sending it away to make sure nothing will turn into cancer, im so sorry...(normally it doesnt its like 1 in a thousand but they need to make sure)

im soo soo sorry for your loss

Morning, my sister had a molar pregnancy. They told her that there was no baby to start with just cells which send off a positive response.
She had to take tablets and have her urine checked for 6months to make sure the cells were reducing and going out of her system. and not aloud to get pregnant within these 6months as it was very dangerous. After 6months it was all out of her body and she is now pregnant and due Christmas Day. :))

Thank you, ladies. I'm finding life pretty tough and am totally in limbo-land until I have results from hospital but at least I feel a little more informed thanks to Dr Google! I'm trying so hard not to think about it but I'm finding myself lying awake at night panicking about potential problems related to molars - and then I feel almost guilty that I am not thinking about the baby that I lost and I just know that all the emotion of the loss will catch up with me one day. Generally feeling pretty pathetic and sorry for myself!! But I really appreciate your comments - thank you xxxx

Hi ladies,

I had a molar pregnancy, partial, last year. After the erpc I had high hcg till November the. Dropped....I had monitoring from July-April when I was discharged.

A partial molar is when the placenta forms into a mass of blood vessels and doesn't allow the pregnancy to continue...

Please MSG me with any questions an big hugs xx

Hi Claire,
Sorry you had to experience this type of loss. I had a pmp diagnosed back in 2012. Aimze is right. I found a great support group on here - Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group (sorry dont know how to link on my phone). Its a great group of ladies all at different points in journey and can answer any questions. Lots of ladies win have gone on to have their rainbows. Been my lifeline for the last 2 years. My rainbow is about to turn 1. I hope your levels are dropping nicely and have hit negative xx

Thank you, ladies. I'm finding life pretty tough and am totally in limbo-land until I have results from hospital but at least I feel a little more informed thanks to Dr Google! I'm trying so hard not to think about it but I'm finding myself lying awake at night panicking about potential problems related to molars - and then I feel almost guilty that I am not thinking about the baby that I lost and I just know that all the emotion of the loss will catch up with me one day. Generally feeling pretty pathetic and sorry for myself!! But I really appreciate your comments - thank you xxxx

with a molar pregnancy there us no baby lost, unles its a parcial molar.Mentally yes, physically there was no baby, just a mass of cells that kept on multiplying....Which needed to be removed to stop growing and not to turn into what would be cancer. If there is product left over with will do a scraping but you will be ok and in a few months be able to start and try again.

Im very sorry for your loss...i know this is a very hard time right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->