Mole

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Maffie, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Maffie

Maffie Guest

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any moles that have bled. I have amole which as just started bleeding. Bit freaked out by it.

2. jojo2605

jojo2605 Mom to Sam & Dylan

Hi hun i don't have experience of a bleeding mole but I guess from all advice I've ever heard, get a doc to check it out, 99.9% of the time its nothing to worry about, but best to put your mind at rest, i'm sure you have plenty of other things to worry about at the mo... what with being pregnant an'all! lol x x x x

3. Annaspanna

Annaspanna Mummy2Lyla x

I had a mole on my back that has grown and become quite tender, I asked GP about it and she wasn't at all concerned, said that pregnancy makes moles change, so that put my mind at ease, if your worried though worth seeing your GP for reassurance but i'm sure it's all the hormones hun xx

4. Septie

Septie Well-Known Member

A bleeding mole should be checked out by a dermatologist (not just a general practitioner) asap!! As it can be a sign of melanoma...Not trying to scare you - but in the early stages, it's quite easy to take care of (they just cut it out), so it's important to get it taken care of right away.

5. bloodbinds

Where is the mole?

6. rubyrose

rubyrose Guest

Go get it checked out - I have had bleeding moles before tho and it was nothing xxx

7. special_kala

special_kala love my bugs

I noticed a few changes in the moles on my back and spoke to GP he said they were fine and its because of pregnancy but best get it checked out anyway x

8. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

I've developed a mole on my face since being pregnant and that bled the other day for hours but only because I think i caught it! My moles/freckles have changed ALOT in pregnancy so i figured it was normal, perhaps i should mention it :)

9. Maffie

Maffie Guest

I had the mole checked a few years ago and the dermatologist said it was best to leave it has he was concerned I may of lost part of my lip as he was unsure if it went into it. The mole is center of bottom lip, well just under it. I'm very cautious of melanoma as my grandad had skin cancer and im a wear factor 15 face cream everyday sort of girl.

I think the dermatologist was most wary about removing it has i'd need a plastic surgeon to assist with removal as I develop keloid scares.