Mom and TODDLER kicked off plane!

Pumpkin

Reaction score
ATLANTA - A woman said she and her toddler son were kicked off a plane after she refused a flight attendant's request to medicate her son to get him to quiet down and stop saying "Bye bye, plane."

Kate Penland, of suburban Atlanta, said she and her 19-month-old son, Garren, were flying from Atlanta to Oklahoma last month on a Continental Express flight that made a stop in Houston.
As the plane was taxiing in Houston en route to Oklahoma, "he started saying 'Bye, bye plane,' Penland told WSB-TV in Atlanta. The flight attendant objected, she said.
"At the end of her speech, she leaned over the gentleman beside me and said, 'It's not funny anymore. You need to shut your baby up,'" Penland told WSB-TV in Atlanta.
When Penland asked the woman if she was joking, she said the stewardess replied, "You know, it's called baby Benadryl."
"And I said, 'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'" Penland told the TV station.
Penland said other passengers began speaking up on her behalf, and the flight attendant announced they were turning around and that Penland and Garren were going to be taken off the plane.
Penland and her son were let off the plane and did not complete the trip to Oklahoma, said Kristy Nicholas, spokeswoman for Express Jet Airlines, which flies as Continental Express on behalf of Continental Airlines.
Attempts by the Associated Press to reach Penland under a telephone listing that matched her last name were unsuccessful.
"I was crying, I was upset and I was thinking, 'What am I going to do? I don't have anything with me, I don't have any more diapers for the baby, no juice, no milk," Penland told WSB.
Nicholas said, "We received Ms. Penland's letter expressing her concerns and intend to investigate its contents."

Bloody hell thats discusting! :shock:

Last time I flew there was a little toddler on the flight and as soon as the plane engine started he started saying really loudly "mommy we're going to crash!". We all started laughing lol

Thats awful. Ewan goes on at things like that saying bye car, bye bye house etc he would have been exactly the same.

When we were flying back from austria, a passenger started complning cause maddie was shouting ...

He asked the flight attendant to come ask us to shut our child up as he had a headache and wished to complete his flight in peace ...

Knob!

xxx

This was my fear about flying with Charlie, DH would probably have given someone a slap if they had even tutted at Charlie crying, never mind requesting she be quiet...

This morning they had the spokeswoman for all flight attendants on the national news. She dodged questions and kept ranting about flight security. When asked how a chatty toddler was a security risk, she said, "It's our job to ensure that ALL problems are left on the ground." The anchor woman said, "So, are you saying that it's your policy and procedure to kick all chatty toddlers off planes?" Of course, the spokeswoman danced around that question too. But she did say that even though she hadn't reviewed the statement of the attendant, she was sure the situation had not occurred as the mother said. Apparently, the attedant told the pilot that the young mother "threatened" her. What a CROCK! We all know that if this was the case, she would have been arrested immediately. I'm sure there's going to be a back lash from all the bad press and I hope people refuse to fly with them.

See before I had Seren I was one of those horrible people who hated to hear children. Though one saying bye bye wouldn't have bothered me but a crying one or a screechy one would have. And now here I am with the screechy one. The irony!!!!

i dont mind a noisy baby and saying bye bye plane wouldnt bother me , but if it gets to the point when the parents cant even be bothered to control the childs behaviour (as in running about and throwing proper tantrums and just generally being a full on brat). thats when i get annoyed :rofl:

Ella throws tantrums and can be a totsl brat, how do you think I should try to control her because I'm at a total loss!!

When we flew to Florida last year we took Ella's car seat on the plane and reclined it slightly so she could sleep. Because of how big the car seat is, when it was reclined it pushes forward, so that plus her feet hanging off the edge meant the seat in front couldn't recline fully. However the bloke in front suddenly reclined without warning, bashing into her feet. Alarmed we said something along the lines of 'careful' and explained what the problem was. Ooooh the evils we got and whispering that went on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->