Mom Confessions!!!

Mom.to.Many

Reaction score
Ok, so I posted a serious thread yesterday about how I felt like a crap mom, but I think it would be awesome to post some funny stories about our worst mama moments.

We need to get real and shed this image of the perfect mother. No one is gonna be superwoman, so I want to hear the stories! Let it out, laugh at yourself, because at the end of the day we all know our children our loved. I can't WAIT to read what you guys post. I think mine could just about top all of yours, so don't be shy!

I will have to think about something to write

Ok... I've got one, but its AWEFUL! So no judgement please.... (ah hem)

When my DD was 18 months, or so, she began fighting me with going to bed. I had switched her to a toddler bed and was told by "trusted" moms I knew that the best thing to do was walk away and let her cry if she put up too much of a fight.

One night I had gone into her room about a dozen times filling her every need. I gave her fresh water, told stories, sang lullabies, tickled her arm, EVERYTHING! She seemed fine each time I went in and figured by 11 o'clock at night she needed to go to bed the hard way. So I kissed her forehead, told her I loved her, and closed her baby gate. She coughed a couple times, but didnt cry so I began getting ready for bed.

About 30 minutes pass and I heard her cough. She cried a little but nothing alarmed me so I gave her a few more minutes while I finished my bedtime routine. Just before I crawled into bed, I went to her door and peered into her dark room. I couldn't see very well, but I could make out her little body lying in bed, and I heard her breathing so I went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to her crying (more like whining). She sounded uncomfortable so I jumped out of bed to find that my precious little angel had thrown up in the middle of the night and I DIDNT KNOW! My sweet, sweet baby had to sleep in her own vomit the whole night. It was dried by the time I found her. It was in her hair, on her pillow, she even threw up on her baby doll, and then got a new one in the middle of the night!!!

Needless to say, I grabbed her up and ran her to the bathroom to give her a bath. The whole time I was crying and apologizing. She was fine, and acted like I was the best mama in the world (which ripped my heart open). That had taught me a valuable lesson. I NEVER let her "cry it out" again and it made me a more sensitive sleeper. Now, 2 years later, I never complain if she calls for me in the middle of the night...

Pretty shitty, huh? OK moms, let it out, I told you mine would take the cake.

Awe. :(

OK, I have one...well, I have lots, but here is one that actually I hate to relive because I feel like the WORST mother for it, and although it happened SIX years ago, I still have not forgiven myself.

Makena was about 4 months old at the time. Jasper was just 2 years old. I was on the computer (shocker there). Makena was in her exersaucer thing in the living room, watching the Wiggles and Jasper was playing in the kitchen (where the computer is) with playdoh. I was watching him, and I kept checking on her and everything was fine. Jasper then took his playdoh and put it on the floor and was stomping on it. Fine, no big deal. I told him not to take it out of the kitchen (he talked very well). He then started going into the living room to watch Wiggles...and I looked and the playdoh was still on the floor where he was stomping on it. Good.

I hear a high-pitch sound, hard to describe, but it was one of those sounds where you KNOW something awful is happening and I ran into the living room where Makena was blue, her eyes were rolling into the back of her head and the sound was her trying to suck air in. She was choking..on playdoh. I grabbed the phone AND Makena at the same time and flipped her upside down and while running around the house (no idea why I was running around) I smacked her on the back and called 911. While on the phone with 911, I managed to get her airway clear enough for her to breathe and she started crying. I got off the phone (the ambulance came) and this is the part I am getting to that I will NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF as Jasper was only 2. I took him by the shoulders and I screamed, I mean SCREAMED at him "You are killing your sister, is that what you want to do, you want to kill your baby sister? What is wrong with you?". The instant I had said it, I felt stupid, ashamed, of course remorseful and I cried and begged him to forgive me and told him it wasn't his fault (let's face it, it was 100% my fault for not watching, I mean, he was TWO).

Anyways, Makena was fine...she pooped blue playdoh for a week. Paramedics came and cleared her airway, and she was fine. But, the part where I yelled at Jasper, was just plain bad...I should never have done that.

I am NOT laughing at the situation.. I am laughing because I know EXACTLY what you mean. Do you even know how many times I have yelled at my daughter like that? At least you had a legitimate scare, I am just moody... HA HA HA

Give me a few, I will think of another... this is good therapy! :happydance:

Mine Happened today... :( I already made a post about it though... But I guess I will repost it here.

So Alexa has become notorious for trying to crawl away the second her diaper is loosened. This time I was trying t change her diaper on my bed... Why, I will never know...

But this time, she had a poop nightmare. It was alll over her bottom! And before I could catch her off she crawled across my bed! I yelped and hurried and grabbed her and tried to cleran her bottom. I had to hold her down while she yelled and screamed at me. I tried laying her back down to put her new diaper on, and she was going to have none of it.

For being a 13 month old she sure is strong and can squirm away. I tried holding her down until she calmed down, but nope. More screaming bloody murder and fighting. I was getting quite aggrevated at this time. I finally got her diaper on and decided, now is the time to introduce the naughty chair.

I picked her up (who was still screaming and whining) and went into the living room to grab her little red chair, moved our love couch to the side to put her in the corner there to realize there was a socket I never put a cover on because it was behind the couch, so I turned around to put the chair in the kitchen in a corner where nothing dangerous was at.

As I turn and try to rush to the kitchen with baby in one hand and chair in the other, I ran right into one of her toys. My ankle turned inwards and down I went. I flung chair across the room as I fell to try and grab alexa's head to keep it safe but by this time it was too late. I fell and her head hit the floor too. :cry:

She cried, I cried, she stopped crying and watched me cry while I hugged and rubbed her sweet little head. She started giggling and hitting me, and yet I was still crying. I was thinking the worste. What if I damaged her.

Obviously... she was ok. She actually gave me a hug and then started slapping my leg.. lol.

But I still feel so horrible for what happened. :(

I too have screamed at my dd..she was about 2 at the time.
It was a beautiful fall day and I had all of the windows in the house open to air out the house a little. (In my living room the windows are really low like a foot off the ground.) well I was on the phone with my MIL and looked up and couldnt find my kid. I said to my MIL I lost Parker!
She was outside in the back yard playing in leaves but it scared me so bad that I screamed never to go outside with out mommy and that there are bad people that could take you from me. I was crying she was crying, my neighbor had poked her head out the door to look, I yelled at her that she wasnt a perfect mom either!

My son is older (8) so I have quite a few instances where I haven't been exactly perfect, but the one that comes to mind happened last year. My son was in 2nd grade and sneaking little toys to school to trade with classmates was all the rage. I had gone to visit my husband (who was in Korea) and my mother had stayed with our son. When I got back I noticed a gold chain broken in our bathroom...the exact same gold chain that was supposed to have a very expensive gold eagle on it that my dad had given me. I immediately confront my son and he said "he didn't know" and he "couldn't remember" if he had taken it to school to trade....I was livid! I cried and made him feel sooo bad, asking him how he could steal from me, and he cried too, and then I grounded him for a week. So, he does his time, and seriously on the last day he is grounded I'm looking for something in one of my jewelry boxes and guess what I find?...Yup, the gold eagle necklace I accused him of stealing and lying about...I felt so so so bad. I should've known he wouldn't of done that, but that broken gold chain looked exactly like the one with the eagle, and I had never seen this other chain before. Needless to say I felt so horrible, called him in and apologized endlessly, he forgave me, and I told him we could do whatever he wanted for the whole day to make up for his week of being grounded. He milked it for about a week though, lol. I still feel bad about not believing him...

Also, kind of like Mom.to.many's story, I made my son finish all his dinner when he was whining about not feeling well (I just thought he was trying to get out of finishing so he could play) well shortly after he went to bed he woke up running down the hall puking everywhere. That was the last time I ever made him finish all his dinner when he says he's not feeling well, lol.

I've sent him to school without breakfast because I woke up late and didn't want him to miss the bus and have to drive him. I've sent him to school without a jacket, fed him peanut butter and jelly for lunch AND dinner, lol. Definitely not perfect but I love him more than anything and he is the sweetest kid ever so I must be doing something right even if he sometimes gets ramen for dinner too....

Abigator, your confessions are perfect!... OK, ok, ok... I got another one.

When my daughter was one (maybe one and half), everyone was so surprised at how smart she was. She spoke clearly (for her age) and even knew fluent sign language. She could sing her ABC's, knew all the animal sounds, could count to five (10, as she got closer to 1 1/2 to 2 years old) with no help, knew all her colors, etc.

I was praised for being such a good mom. everyone thought I taught her so much, and I never corrected them. The truth is, she watched A LOT of TV. Tons. Like, the damn thing was always on. I never let anyone knew that she learned all of it by watching Sesame Street, Dora, and Baby Einstein. In fact, I couldn't tell you how to teach any of that stuff to a kid without some kind of visual aid like television. Oh well, it stuck. She learned it. That's all that matters.

I just feel guilty that everyone thinks I am a brainiac mom and my child is a genius, when in all reality I am lazy and she was taught the basics with her "electronic babysitter."

But I don't do that anymore (wink, wink)

HAHAAHAHAHAHA
Your ME!!!!
SSssshhhhh Dont tell anyone our secret, our kiddos will be the top of their class when they are older and we get to take all the credit and give it right back to NickJR.

I know i have way to many of these but for the life of me i can't think of any at the moment!

I have a good friend who is training to be a social worker and she's told me not to tell her all the stuff that Daniel gets up to in case its something she has to report lol. She is joking ....... i hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->