Moments of baby perfection

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
So we got up early early yesterday morning to fly to NYC. Bren was very good on the flight, and everyone around us comment on it. Once we got our bags, I was sooo dreading the HOUR long taxi ride as Bren hates the car and cries most of the time he is in one. So we get in the taxi, Bren starts to cry....for about a minute, and then fell asleep and didn't wake up till we were at the hotel checking in! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Thank goodness as well as I thought our driver was going to have a heart attack everytime he heard a bad traffic report. :dohh:

God I hope our kids are growing out of the "I hate this carseat!" stage... I took Ms Sharlotte shopping yesterday and she didn't raise near the fuss she normally does so I'm crossing my fingers!
:baby: :baby:

Glad to hear everything went well. It can be kinda stressful traveling and calm babies make it much better! :)
:hug:

Mines going in the oposite direction. Used to love it, hates it now.

Go Bren!! :happydance:

Aww bless him hun...thats great xxx

God I hope our kids are growing out of the "I hate this carseat!" stage... I took Ms Sharlotte shopping yesterday and she didn't raise near the fuss she normally does so I'm crossing my fingers!

Glad to hear everything went well. It can be kinda stressful traveling and calm babies make it much better! :)

Part of me thinks it is the infant car seats, they kinds squish and lean a baby back. When we get back to Texas, I am going to get a convertible seat that sits Bren more upright.

Part of me thinks it is the infant car seats, they kinds squish and lean a baby back. When we get back to Texas, I am going to get a convertible seat that sits Bren more upright.

I think you are on to something here, and I thought of this as well. I still have our infant seat in our truck, and installed the convertible in the car. I have been using the car a lot more lately and hence she's in the convertible car seat way more. She tends to sleep in there a lot more easily.

I took the truck the other day to drop my daughter off at school... baby went in the infant seat.. guess what - screamed bloody murder the whole damn way. :dohh:

So I've been looking at getting another convertible sooner than expected :)

Carlee at 9 months STILL hates her carseat of any kind, shes such a homebody.

Glad to hear he did so well, that makes traveling soo much easier! Erica used to be totally fine in her infant seat, as long as someone (ME) was in back with her. Now even with someone keeping her company, she gets mad. She screams and I swear is trying to climb out! I have been thinking about getting her a convertible car seat for a little while now, (she doesn't need it yet since she is only 16lbs & its convenient with the infant seat to have bases in both cars) but I think she would be more comfy in a convertible seat.

If your baby hates travelling in a car in his carseat,place a mirror in front of him and hang a toy above his head. Here is an example:
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2299139

If your baby hates travelling in a car in his carseat,place a mirror in front of him and hang a toy above his head. Here is an example:
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2299139

done and done, and he still HATES it. Karen, I have tried everything.

Mirror, that plays music and has lights
Toys: a toy bar, dangle toys
Static on the radio
Music on the radio: rap, rock, country, classical, jazz, comedy
Loud music, quiet music, no music
Speaking to him, ignoring him, talking to him, making animal sounds to him
A different car seat
Making sure the sun is not on him, letting the sun shine on him
Rolling the window down a bit
Stroking his head when I am stopped at a red light
Trying a pacifier, he spit it out immedialty
Giving him a blanket to cuddle

I can't think what else to do. :hissy:

Carlee at 9 months STILL hates her carseat of any kind, shes such a homebody.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: And I swear I am going to punch the next person who says 'but all babies love cars, mine sure did'

Way to go Bren! I hope Bella is like that on our trip to NY!

When we switched Bella from the infant carrier to the convertible car seat the crying all but stopped. Now she even falls asleep in the car! Within 5 minutes she will be asleep. :happydance:

great! We're off on TEddy's first plane today. I hope he's as good as Bren!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->