Mommy guilt

firsttime83

Reaction score
Our LO is sleeping in her crib at night. She wakes up usually once during the night, I feed her and right back to sleep.

During the day is a totally different situation. I try to get her to nap in the crib, and sometimes she will for like 45 minutes. Other times she screams bloody murder. Not only that, but she needs a 2 hour nap (plus a few power naps) or she is super fussy. So I keep resorting to putting her back in the swing where she can snooze for hours.

She is almost 4 months. Am I setting myself up for a really bad habit or is it too soon to start worrying about that.

Anyone else experience something like this or have any insight?

My little boy is the same. But he never wants to nap in his cot. So he either sleeps in his bouncy chair or the swing. My daughter slept in there ok and a lot and I can't remember having any problems with her. As long as they sleep ok during the night it's fine I guess
X

My lo started sleeping in his crib at 4 months, but didn't nap in the crib until at least 6 months. It was a gradual process, but we started putting him in there more and more and one day I just noticed he does all his sleeping in the crib. It will happen, it just takes a while. :flower:

My LO was the exact same way, except she wouldn't nap anywhere except in my arms. One day, she was napping in my arms and kept stretching out and almost throwing herself out of my arms while sleeping. So I put her in her crib, and she has napped there every since.

I think it was just another milestone she needed to hit when she was ready. If I were you, I would just do whatever makes you and baby happy, if that means she naps in her swing then so be it. I wouldn't worry about it at all!

Thanks ladies! I guess my biggest worry is her not being able to nap anywhere but her swing. This shouldn't even be much of a worry until closer to going to daycare (at 11 months) but I just worry about it. I also would love to have longer visits at my Mom's, they have a room set up for Sadie with a crib, so it would be nice if she could nap there. I guess I am being a little too hard on the both of us...

Do what works for now, mine napped in the swing until 7 months, when she started crawling she wore herself out so much she would finally nap in the crib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->