Mommys who have used moses baskets before...?

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
This is probably a really lame question, but I've been debating between getting a moses basket or cradle for LO. Erica sleeps in a crib that he will move into when he is a little older, but Erica didn't go into it until 4-5 months. We had a bassinet for her, but its girly and we got rid of it. I really like moses baskets, but I'm not sure how long babies generally stay in them. Would it be better to get the moses basket, or just the cradle instead?

Thanks for any advice ladies! :D

Caitlyn was in her moses basket for 5 minutes before cosleeping, but she could've fitted in it untill 6 months I think.

She was quite active at 6 months though and I would've been worried about it tipping over..

I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say :rofl: I'd go with the cradle!

My moses basket was a waste of money. I wouldnt of used it past 3 months because Id be worred it would tip. Plus she wouldnt of fit in it either. I would go with cradle if thats the same thing we call cribs?

my moses basket lasted 3-4 mths each time (this is my 3rd) and got yet another moses basket as i gave the other 2 away when i was finished lol, yes is a waste of money but it rocked and put baby to sleep quicker lol!!! its personally your own choice like my own i felt it was more conforting for baby
i dont actually know what a cradle is im guessing its one of those things that swing with a canory over it!!??? if not please feel free to educate me lol...if it is they are not far off the size of a moses basket so in any case whichever is cheapest lol....

good luck xx

I used one, but only as I got it given to me, I wouldn't buy one

my 2 were only in moses basket for about 6-8weeks then they got too big. glad i didnt pay for an expensive 1. BUT i did put the moses basket into the big cot for about 3 nights so they were used to it.

i dont have rrom in my room for a proper cot and therefore this was the only option i had.

Ive gone with a moses basket all 3 times, I just think they are easier to move about the house to keep a better eye on baby, mine have only fitted in them for about 3 months though, its all personal preference depending on your lifestyle hun xxx

Thanks ladies. They have cute ones on ebay that aren't too expensive, and are much cheaper than cradles. (I believe that is what you ladies call a crib) Thank you for all the advice, I'm still a little unsure, because I dont know if I would have the LO in the cradle for much longer, especially since it moves.. Most people just use cribs (cots) here, but I'm not putting a crib in our room, and Erica slept in our room until about 5 months. I felt safer.

My daughter wouldn't settle in her moses basket at all. Neither would my sisters kid or many of the other children I knew. For me what was easiest was letting her sleep in her pram at night until she outgrew it.

We used one with Olivia. She outgrew it by 3/4months & then went into her cot. It was so easy to lay her in it downstairs & then she also slept in it at night. We had 2 stands one for upstairs & one for down. One of them folded up which was great if we was nipping to parents for a few hours instead of having to get the pram out.

We are def buying another for this baby.

I am planning on using a moses basket. We will keep LO in our room until he/she outgrows it (unless that's within the first 6-8 weeks in which case a serious re-think will be in order! :rofl:) Plan is to transfer LO into their own room at about 3- 4 months - Will be February/march and starting to warm up! I would love a crib/cradle but we cannot afford it!

my daughter stayed ij the moses basket till 6 months my son 4 months my nephew 5 months and i will get it back when im expecting my 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->