Money benifits? :S ?

mya18

Reaction score
Hey as im only 17 (sorry afraid im going to be a young mum.)
At the moment i am being shipped around from house to house because i currently do not have a permanent house to stay in i was just wondering that as my baby is due on june 24th am i entitled to any benefits because i do not work and currently do not hold any savings..sorry for being a pain..xx

Hi mya18,

I'm 17 as well :) well for another few days! I'm due a month after you!! I'm not in the same situation to you as I rent with my OH, and have a job, but the best thing you could do is go talk to you midwife or go to a local office, think it's like the job centre, or search the websites. There are quite a lot of things you can be entitled to, such as the sure start maternity grant, if you're from the UK, or something similar if not. You can also claim other benefits. It's always good looking around on the net or like I said your midwife can advise you of what things you may be entitled too, or who to ask. Good luck!

xoxox

I was made reduntant at week 30!! so I currently claim Income support and If you are noy living with parents you may be entitled to housing benefits your best to call job centre and find out

ooh and you will be able to claim the surestart maternity grant which is £500

Well you definately qualify for the new grant off the gov £190 Health in pregnancy grant...

If you claim benifits you may also be entitled to a lot more - if you go on the direct gov website it should tell you what you can and cant get!

Sorry thats a bit vague, good luck XX

Oh and welcome XXX

I would go to the CAb (citizens Advice) and they will sort everything out for you and make sure you get everything you're entitled to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->