Money - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

readynwilling

Jadyn & Tyler's Mom
Reaction score
Dh has finally allowed me off bc so that i can start getting it out of my system. The deal is i can come off bc, but no babies until there is some $$ in the bank (we live in our overdraft). So i have been real good. Shopping wisely, not spending $$ if i don't have to.

I was so proud of myself as there was some $$ left today. I usually put dh paycheck in the bank on wednesday cause we have NONE left and today is Thursday and there was a few hundered dollars available :happydance:

I was planning on what bills i was going to pay early and what ones i would leave till next week and try to keep us ahead of the game... cause as soon as there is some real $$ available we can TTC.

Then i got home and found out my DH spent $345 i wasn't planning on. He bought a truck and had to pay $300 in taxes for it today. He would have had to pay it eventually and obviously needs a reliable car to get him to work and back everyday - but grrrrr. It put me right back where i was 3 weeks ago. Dead broke. I have to start all over.

Im just sad :cry: thanks for listening to my vent.

Oh dear it does sound frustrating. I must admit at first I thought you were gonig to say your OH had spent the money on something silly or not necessary, I am glad to see it was not so. However, I can understand how you felt, just that moment you thought you were in control and winning the situation a bit it was snatched away.

Try some sort of saving plan with goals and aims of how much you could save. Good luck:hug:

Good for you for being organized and starting your savings! I can really understand that - I worked last weekend on a good budget for my DH and I so we can save for :baby: and now that he knows there is extra money in the budget (for savings!!) it seems like he keeps thinking of things to spend it on...:dohh: and I keep thinking of ways to save so we can TTC that much sooner...:hug:

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear your back on square one but these are my little tricks, they work for me and maybe they can help:

1) Make a shopping list for food so you don't buy unecessary things. (only 5 off the list products alowed to be taken).

2) Search different stores and remember or write down the prices so you buy the cheapest everyday products and you'll be surprised to see the difference from one place to another on the same product!!!

3) Keep a piggy bank, I always put some of my spare change in, and you'll be amazed at how much you can save up at the end of the year. My mum always says "take care of the little ones and the big ones will take care of themselves".
4) Make a list of typical expenses such as hair dressers, (both men and women), movies, outside dinners, etc and try and reduce them. For example if you go to the hair dressers or the cinema once a week, try and change it to every two weeks and do something else on the "empty" week that is cheaper.

5) Phone mobil phones only if necessary and try to speak for less than a minute. Land lines are much cheaper or even free for some and texting is a good idea also.

6) Walk if you can instead of using the car and make sure you turn off the lights you are not using as well as having low cost bulbs...

I'm sure there are more things you can think of, such as using cooler water to shower as it doesn't use that much electricity and turn your computer off if you are not using it.

There are many little things that add up to a lot!!!

Good luck. xxxxxxx

Good for you for being organized and starting your savings! I can really understand that - I worked last weekend on a good budget for my DH and I so we can save for :baby: and now that he knows there is extra money in the budget (for savings!!) it seems like he keeps thinking of things to spend it on...:dohh: and I keep thinking of ways to save so we can TTC that much sooner...:hug:

In that case I would create a separate baby bank account and put the saved money in there before he can spend it. Even though its still an account you both have access to he might feel bad as it is like he is taking it from the baby.

In that case I would create a separate baby bank account and put the saved money in there before he can spend it. Even though its still an account you both have access to he might feel bad as it is like he is taking it from the baby.

I think thats a good idea... we have a "spare" account... it was the wedding account (we are married 1.5 yrs now) he has access to it but has never activated it on his bank card so he can see the money in the account but will have to go into the branch to get it... and i will start calling it the baby account.:hug: thanks.

And Cinnamon - those are great tips. thanks.

OH hunni guess it makes you feel fustrated, i know i would be. Just think though he has spent it on something useful that will be used and is needed so best to get it out the way now then when your Pregnant.

I have figured out to theres so many of us WTT because of money- i wish i could win the lottery and share it all with you! lol

Cinnamon- great tips x

awr chick! I feel so bad for you!! theres nothing worse then putting all your effort into something for it to be taken away from you so suddenly! Chin up though Hun! Im sure that things will work out eventually, and when they do you'll feel like a much better person for putting 110% effort into it!!!

xxxxx

I'm not WTT or TTC, but my hubby and I have never been on honeymoon so I was trying to save for that. I know exactly what you mean! I had a little over a thousand in our savings account and it all went on bills, and the last few hundred went on paying off a credit card! Its rubbish but has to be done. I hate debt!

Hope you get saving soon :hugs:

:( I know how frustrating that is - it's horrible isn't it. We had made some money this month that I wanted to put in our baby fund, but then it;s just been spent on other things and it's so annoying. I wanna have some money put by for our baby fund, but it's just not happening!

At least you know you can do it now :) Keep on chipping away and you'll soon be in the habit and have a nice healthy baby fund :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->