Money!!!

kaz87

Reaction score
Was talking to my partner on Saturday night about babies, my best mate had her baby on Saturday morning and I just said to him I want one now, lol. He said come off the pill then (we been together for 3 and half years).

My only worry is money, we both work full time but that is my main worry about having a baby, the cost, not only with a baby but outgoings.

My car cost me the most but sadly that will have to be xchanged as its a convertible to something more pratical. What about when I go back to work, I cant afford nursery fees :( but I have to work to afford things.

Is this why most of you are waiting?

Hi hon :)
I think money is a reason for some, others are waiting because of partners/uni etc. I know that it is certainly something important to consider!
Do you have any family that would help out with child care? x

My mum works full time although I could see her working part time if a lil one was about but Im not sure on that one.

All other family live far away, and oh parents both work part time

Money doesn't have to be important, it all depends on how you raise your child and if you breastfeed and/or use washable nappies.

I'm planning on breastfeeding, using washable nappies and on making my own homemade baby food, it all works out cheaper in the long run, and ebay is an awesome place to buy clothing and baby things. I think i'll be homeschooling too which maybe the only difficult thing money wise, i'd hate to have my baby in a nursery all the time while i work though.

Oh yes ebay is great. I think my main prob is the fees for nursery fees, I would love to stay at home but cant.

Our only issue is financial, until I can afford to support a baby it isnt an option, will be a few years until I am fully qualified lawyer...which stinks!!

Waiting/saving when you want to try now is just awful....totally empathise:hugs:

we are only waiting because we are now getting married and I don't want to be a bumpy bride :haha:

money is always a worry at the back of my mind but I know, like most, we will cope somehow!

money was the major factor of us waiting last time (when we were ttc our daughter) we just worked out if we could live on OH's wages, which we do now, and have never looked back.
best thing to do is to sit down and look and budgeting and options x

It is a big factor, DH and I both have decent paying jobs. We saved through the pregnancy to maintain us on mat leave as I pay our mortgage. I have to go back to work unfortunately as we cant afford to live on DH wages alone, we do not have any family support here to help with childcare so that is going to be very costly.

Thanks everyone.

I wont defo start tomorrow if money was not an issue

we are only waiting because we are now getting married and I don't want to be a bumpy bride :haha:

money is always a worry at the back of my mind but I know, like most, we will cope somehow!

Snap! I am getting married October 1st in florida so i really wouldnt want a bump!

We are aiming for TTC in July.

Money will always be a difficult subject, but you just get on with it and save save save until baby arrives!

money was the major factor of us waiting last time (when we were ttc our daughter) we just worked out if we could live on OH's wages, which we do now, and have never looked back.
best thing to do is to sit down and look and budgeting and options x

Oh sorry OT but i see your getting married in disney too, what date? we are the 1st of October x

Oh. Money. I hate that word.

but I'm sure that when it comes down to it, everyone does what they need to when it comes to supporting a LO. :)

For us it is money, but where we live you can't get a decent house for under 800k. (A 2 -bdr town house is 400-450k) So, realistically it's more reasonable for us to just have our family and be happy about it, even if we are renting and saving. I'm pretty used to not having a lot. After I'm done my PhD we'll probably move anyway to a place where we won't be house poor.

My husband's main concern is money. But since I am planning on breastfeeding, using cloth diapers, and making my own baby food once my baby starts solids, I don't think a baby will end up being as expensive as he thinks. I know it takes money to raise a baby, but hubby and I live pretty comfortably and aren't just barely scraping by.

The more we talk about it, and the more people who tell him that we will probably never be as "financially ready" as he wants us to be, the more he is starting to see my point of view, so he's slowly coming around. :p

Money is our only reason for waiting.

We've been married for 3 years and I have been 'ready' since then, but OH has taken longer to come around. He started to talk about babies and trying in the past 6 months and is now incredibly excited to start trying.

However, we simply can't afford living off one wage due to OH's debts.

We have looked at the figures and when he should become debt-free and he'll be credit-card-free next year, meaning he only has a small payment on a loan to cope with each month. This will give me time to start a baby fund, as well as helping towards OH's debts. It also means I have time to stop the pill and chart my cycle for at least 6 months and hopefully get a regular cycle going.

I want time to fast forward to when we're TTC, but unfortunately unless we win a large sum of money this won't happen! Also, I have organised to go away on holiday to Lanzarote with my family and OH for my 30th at the end of Feb/March next year and this has helped in a way because it means that I know I can't have a baby this year - in a weird way this has helped me 'cope' better, as I'm desperate to start trying. I think I'll also feel better come June-ish when I plan to stop the pill and start charting - it will give me something else to focus on and will really feel like we're almost there.

Thanks everyone.

I wont defo start tomorrow if money was not an issue

I am really worried about money but, my friend who recently had kids said to me that you just make do. She said it is a real struggle but the money you now spend on you goes on baby.

We are waiting til after we are married. X

money is one of the reasons why im waiting hubby says we will manage as everyone else does but im not so sure.

Money is somewhat of a factor for OH and I, but mostly it's the fact that we're currently long distance, and we will be pretty consistently until summer. The only time I'll see him anytime soon is when he comes to visit for a week in April.

Why is everyone swearing????!!!!! :winkwink: I consider the word money a swear word...lol - sometimes I think it's so overrated and I'd rather run off, find a farm and be self sufficient. Then I go on the ikea website :haha: Jeez they have some cool baby stuff on there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->