Montrealers anyone?

tamithomas

Reaction score
I don't live specifically in Montreal but close enough, anyone else? :) TTC 3 years

I am moving near to the US-Canadian border in 5ish weeks :) We will be on the US side 10 miles from the Fort Covington/Dundee border.

Montrealer here. Was living in NDG but moved back with my parents near the hemmingford/huntingdon area.

Vaudreuil Mama here to a almost 10 month old.

Me too!

I'm actually on the south shore in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu but find my way to Brossard a lot. I'd be up for a Montreal meet though.

I'm in Germany right now but I was born in Montreal Poin-Claire!! My moms frm Montreal

I'm from Montreal, I live out in the boonies between chateauguay and huntingdon but I'm usually downtown or in the west island since all my friends and family are there. Any of you mommies do meet up groups? I have no friends with babies :(

I'm from Montreal, I live out in the boonies between chateauguay and huntingdon but I'm usually downtown or in the west island since all my friends and family are there. Any of you mommies do meet up groups? I have no friends with babies :(

I live on the south shore in Saint Jean and go to meetup in Brossard 1x a week (Fridays, an English playgroup). I'd be game for a meetup downtown on a M/W/F although I'd bring my baby and not the toddler unless it was 'proper' meetup where I didn't have to wrassle him!!!

Oh, funny I didn't find this thread before.

I used to live in Montreal, now I am halfway between Montreal and Quebec City (on the south shore).

Going to a sage-femme demonstration (not a protest! Just a demo) on Sunday, downtown, if anyone is interested in coming.

I would love to go but I have pilgrim out of town :(. Why are they having a demo? Did you deliver with a midwife? I was at the birthing center in pointe-Claire, the midwives there are amazing!! I'm so happy I went that route rather than doctor

I would love to go but I have pilgrim out of town :(. Why are they having a demo? Did you deliver with a midwife? I was at the birthing center in pointe-Claire, the midwives there are amazing!! I'm so happy I went that route rather than doctor

Aw! Well, there is a form to sign if you are interested! Yes, I had a home birth here in Saint-Jean (which turned hospital transfer but still in midwife care). If you are interested I can forward the petition to you (in French)

It's for a pay increase and to allow more midwife spots @ the university for training!

I am near the Richelieu birth centre :) Glad you had a good birth, I have heard nothing but good things with Point Claire

Here it is
https://www.rsfq.qc.ca/

I heard about the demo. I might go if I can. I just have to hope that baby starts to feel better (poor girl has had a cold for about a week, and now she's cutting her first tooth).

I also had a midwife. I gave birth at the birthing center in Nicolet and I loved it. I have very fond memories of giving birth thanks to my midwife and the atmosphere at the birthing center. :thumbup:
I saw something on TV yesterday about the birthing center in Nicolet, and it made me feel home sick.

Aw poor babe!

If you decide to go, let me know! We're taking a bus from here in Richelieu (south shore too) so you don't have to go downtown alone if you want. Stroller space, food & beverages provided.

Aw poor babe!

If you decide to go, let me know! We're taking a bus from here in Richelieu (south shore too) so you don't have to go downtown alone if you want. Stroller space, food & beverages provided.

unfortunately, little Ariane is still coughing pretty bad, so I will have to wait for another time to go to Montreal :nope:

Aww! Hope she feels better soon! :) I wouldn't take that highway anyways if I were you, the snow is bad. We go all the time that way (south shore to Quebec city)

Thanks for the link! How did the demo go?
How is it on the bus with the baby? I haven't taken mine on the bus yet and I used to take the bus all the time! I have a 45 minute bus from here to Montreal, I've been nervous to take it for the first time!
I had a transfer as well, but from the birthing centre after 30 hours of labour :( I wasn't dilating properly. But I loved being at the centre before the transfer!

Thanks, the demo was great!!! My baby LOVED the bus, because I was able to hold him. Plus it was so bouncy, all the babies were falling asleep. My own midwife was there. Lots of women from point claire too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->