• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Mood swings already?!

ButternutBabe

Reaction score
I'm 4w2d and yesterday I was just an emotional wreck. Surely it's too early for hormone effected mood swings?

I've been pregnant twice before, misscarried both times around 6w. I am wondering if my anger/insecurity feelings are because of my paranoia of another MC or if it's because this baby is actually healthy and my hormones are more intense this time around.

Id say it's probably a combination of both. With this pregnancy my emotions were everywhere since before I even got my bfp. I just thought it was pms. And I've also suffered a loss so I know exactly how you feel with the paranoia and insecurity. Try to relax and don't be too hard on yourself for feeling how you feel

With this pregnancy I was an emotional wreck from the very beginning. I would say it's entirely possrble to have mood swings this early. Your pregnant and your hormones start changing immediately.

I don't think it's too early. I would have rapid mood swings at 4-5 weeks myself, mood swings are not my norm so I knew it was pregnancy.

Hormones could be worse this time around, I didn't have mood swings when pregnant with my daughter. Each pregnancy really is different :)

I'm a very calm, mild mannered person yet today at 4+2 I wanted to put my 'beautiful, apple of my eye' 2 year old son on a bus and send him to live with another family and call my 'gorgeous, loving, wonderful' husband a f******g t**t and beat him with his own shoes!!! So don't worry, you are not alone and you are totally pregno normal x

It's normal to have mood swings in early pregnancy as your body starts changing and stretching to provide a home for your baby, not to mention how rapidly your hormones are changing also. I would consider all symptoms a good sign since symptoms only start once the egg has actually implanted, and implantation in itself is a very hard process for the egg. The only time to worry is if you are bleeding heavily(spotting is normal, by heavily I mean soaking a pad within an hour) or have major cramping to the point of being unable to finish or do your daily tasks. Congratulations! I hope you have a h&h 9 months, try to embrace and cherish this stage as it goes by very fast lol. P.S I am very sorry about your losses:hugs: sending tons of sticky dust your way<3

Thank you! I had very bad back pain yesterday which had me certain this was another loss, but I've made it through the night with no blood and I'm feeling good again this morning.

I think my DH can predict a bfp before an actual test can based on my moods! I get seriously cranky in early pregnancy (actually the whole way through). And I'm sure the stress of your previous losses doesn't help. Wishing you a happy and smooth pregnancy this time around. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"