more being paranoid

isil

Reaction score
okay so he's still not feeding wonderfully.
still being sick a lot (sometimes hrs after a feed)
he's been asleep practically all day (even after sleeping over 8 hrs last night)
isn't pooing very often (I think it's maybe even as far apart as every 6 days)

BUT

when he's awake he's happy as anything.

Would you take him to the drs anyway?

I'm seeing the health visitor on Thursday and she never gives much advice (although she did ask if he cried like he was crying at clinic a lot last week) but I could ask her I guess...taking him to the drs would probably make me seem like an ultra paranoid new Mum.

It wont make you seem like an ultraparinoid mum hun :) we need to ask questions in order to know things , especially being first time parents !! god only knows how many questions I asked when max was born lol the nurses thought I was crazy .

as for your LO if hes eating ok and dosent have a temp he may just be having an off day ..mine got that last week

he'd put on weight last week and his eating has been a bit rubbish for a while...I think I'm just going to keep my paranoia at bay and try to ask the HV on thursday.

Thank you for your reassurance x

Np like I said the professionals are there to help us understand these lil complicated humans lol

If I remember correctly, they are supposed to sleep for 16 hours + at that age so if he is happy and alert when awake and eating enough then I wouldn't worry too much.

Ally was asleep for about 22 hrs yesterday. I think he might be having a bit of a growth spurt maybe? I think it's about the right time. It's weird though because sometimes he is taking hardly anything (2 or 3 ounces) and other times (like his last feed last night) he took 8 and a half!!

But he does seem fine while he's awake. I'll try to relax a bit!

it wont hurt to ask hv. although I dont like her and I've never even met her!! If she doesnt help then perhaps phone doc, it doesnt sound like Ally at all. Give him till the end of the week and see what he does.

lol, I like that you don't like her and haven't met her! I'm completely undecided about her and have seen her pretty much every week since Ally was 2 weeks old!

This morning he had his usual BF but he usually has 80-100mls of bottle afterwards. Yet today, he fell asleep straight afterwards and is STILL asleep now. He fell asleep at 7.45!
He woke up in the night (at 2.30am) and acted like he was ravenous but had 50mls and fell asleep.

I have to go and get him a repeat prescription today so I might ask if they have any appointments free (they're a very quiet surgery). If not I will demand answers and advice from HV - she usually listens and asks questions and then doesn't comment!

If not I will demand answers and advice from HV - she usually listens and asks questions and then doesn't comment![/QUOTE]

:witch:

Hun, if you're at all concerned then get him checked, you won't seem like a super-paranoid mum at all. Just set your mind at ease - but as long as he's alert while he's awake & isn't losing weight then he should be ok. Maybe the lack of dirty nappies are down to him being constipated????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->