More brown spotting :(

Leafy

Reaction score
Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. Was terrified over a week ago when I had light brown spotting when I wiped. It went away after 1 night and then I was sooo happy to finally get my 3+ on CBD on Saturday. Now i'm having brown spotting again when I wipe :( it's light, but it is definitely there.

I havent had any symptoms really except for cramping, from the start (had this with my daughter too so wasnt too worried) But now with the spotting I just feel hopeless for this pregnancy. :nope:

I'm about 6 weeks.

I had it for over a week and everything's fine for me so far I'm 11 weeks. Can you get an early scan? If you are in the Uk you'll be able to get a scan at the epu you just need a referral by doctor or midwife xx

My friend (who has just had her 12 week scan and everything is perfect) has had bleeding since she found out she was pregnant. She has multiple scans now and they still can't find a reason for it.

I had it for over a week and everything's fine for me so far I'm 11 weeks. Can you get an early scan? If you are in the Uk you'll be able to get a scan at the epu you just need a referral by doctor or midwife xx

I dont know about early scan, I havent even seen the midwife yet. It's different from when I was last pregnant I rang my gp surgery and was told the midwife would call me and do a home visit for my first appointment :shrug:

Or could I just make a dr appointment and they'll refer me? I have a feeling they'll tell me to see the midwife.

I feel so lost at the moment!!

I dont know about early scan, I havent even seen the midwife yet. It's different from when I was last pregnant I rang my gp surgery and was told the midwife would call me and do a home visit for my first appointment :shrug:

Or could I just make a dr appointment and they'll refer me? I have a feeling they'll tell me to see the midwife.

I feel so lost at the moment!!

This was the same as me. You can book a doctors appointment and they will reefer you for an early scan at the early pregnancy unit there's no point worrying for weeks x

You don't have to tell them what the appointment is for and you'll just have to tell them you haven't had your referral yet you're having early complications and want to see a doctor I'm sure loads of women do it zx

I would call your surgery and tell the receptionist you're pregnant and bleeding and would like a referral. They should get a Dr to call you back and arrange.

I would call your surgery and tell the receptionist you're pregnant and bleeding and would likle a referral. They should get a Dr to call you back and arrange.
This... I have just arranged an early scan this way...

I'm 7w and had brown spotting/discharge + cramps since about 3w. I'm fine so far. My u/s is this week.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Thanks for all your replies. I have just called my surgery theyre getting the on call doctor to call me back. Hopefully they'll make the referral xx

ETA: Doctor just rang back and has asked me to go into see her at the surgery at half 4...

Well I went to the doctor and they did a pregnancy test, felt my stomach & said to come back Wednesday if i'm still spotting as they cant refer me until i'm officially 6 weeks which is tomorrow.....so just got to wait and see for now. x

I will be 6weeks tomorrow as well, and have been spotting brown off and on since my Bfp. It has really stolen the joy out of my Bfp. I wish for once something would just be easy... We are pregnant from our 4th ivf. Sigh!

My anxiety finally wore me down into a panic attack last night and I called the on call Dr. She said that it's totally normal to spot in the first trimester, and even in her own pregnancy she spotted brown and red every day until 12 weeks! She said some patients just spot, and those that do, will most likely see it continually throughout the first trimester. Not really comforting when you wipe and see that brown, but something to keep in mind. Her exact words were "I can't promise you or anyone else won't have a miscarriage, but I can promise that brown spotting doesn't mean you're having a miscarriage"

Here's a helpful convo w lots of positive stories...
https://www.babycenter.com/400_brow...ncy_865192_276.bc?startIndex=0&sortFieldName=

I will be 6weeks tomorrow as well, and have been spotting brown off and on since my Bfp. It has really stolen the joy out of my Bfp. I wish for once something would just be easy... We are pregnant from our 4th ivf. Sigh!

My anxiety finally wore me down into a panic attack last night and I called the on call Dr. She said that it's totally normal to spot in the first trimester, and even in her own pregnancy she spotted brown and red every day until 12 weeks! She said some patients just spot, and those that do, will most likely see it continually throughout the first trimester. Not really comforting when you wipe and see that brown, but something to keep in mind. Her exact words were "I can't promise you or anyone else won't have a miscarriage, but I can promise that brown spotting doesn't mean you're having a miscarriage"

Here's a helpful convo w lots of positive stories...
https://www.babycenter.com/400_brow...ncy_865192_276.bc?startIndex=0&sortFieldName=

Definitely stolen the joy, its depressing as hell :( it's all I think about now - something going wrong. Im scared to go to toilet because I dont want to wipe & see it. 4th IVF - i cant even imagine :nope: I really hope you have good news too!!!! Are you getting a referral to an early pregnancy unit for a scan etc? x

Thanks for the link, will take a look now :flower:

I know. I'm really depressed and down too. :( im just trying to leave it in God's hands where it belongs.... But that doesn't make it any less sad if this isn't to be. Yes.... I have a 6 week 1 day scan on Wednesday. I am dying for it to get here, and trying to prepare myself for whatever news it may be. I have totally laid around the last three days, and my spotting was super light.... And then finally had to go to the grocery store, and more gushes of brown. I know this is going to sound gross and like tmi.... But I smelled it, and it sort of smells like period blood. So that just sucked too. I am pretty much expecting the worst. I'm just so so sad.

Mines the same I've had a pad in just incase and smells like a period too even though there isnt much on there.

Good luck for your scan on Wednesday, hoping we both get positive news from this xxxx

Aw so sorry you gals are going through this, Leafy and LadyLovenox. Hope the day of your scans arrives quickly and you both get positive news. Fingers, toes, eyelashes double crossed for both of you.

Hi girls, just wanted to say I'm going through the exact same thing. I had an ultrasound last Friday and saw the heartbeat but the brown spotting has been regular since a week after my bfp.
I'm 6.4 weeks. Already had a blighted ovum and a chemical within the last year. My dh and I want this one so bad. It would be our first.
Ladylovenox, you're right it's in God's hands so I am trying to be positive but seeing that brown steals your excitement. The dr is checking me again this Friday to see if the baby has grown and if things are still okay. I'm trying to prepare myself.
Please update and hugs to both of you. And prayers for all of us. :)

Thanks so much everyone!!! I hope we all get great news too!! Pippy.... Its a GREAT sign that you've already seen a heartbeat!!! I think you're in the clear!!!

Thank you for the encouragement! The more research I do, the more I see women who've had what we're having and go on to have perfectly healthy babies. Let's cling to that!!

Absolutely!!! I've researched this for at least 10-15 solid hours.... I've been off and crazy for three days... And I truly find more stories that end well than stories that don't. What did your Dr. Think about the brown spotting, pip? After seeing the heartbeat was he pretty optimistic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->