more on this placenta gender thing

babyjiva

1st baby
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I don't know if you read it or not but a woman posted a study about the "ramzi method" which ultimately was a research project about learning baby gender sooner. the results were 97% accurate in a study of something like 5,000 women and said this: if the placenta was on the right side of the baby you have a boy and if the placenta was on the left side of the baby, you have a girl.

the test was a bit more complicated in that they could do some special ink test and find out at 6 weeks before the placenta was even developed because of how it forms or something (that part was over my head) but regardless i am a believer that once the placenta is developed around 10 weeks we can all know if our Dr. just points it out to us during one of our scans.

can you see the placenta in a scan? that's the part I don't really get because i've only had one and my dr. didn't mention it.

anyhow, i had always planned on adopting so for the past 6 years i imagined myself adopting a boy and i'm very attached, yet not unhealthy attached because I can see myself with a little girl too--- but but attached still so the sooner I know the better so i can start imagining myself with a girl. I try to sometimes, but it's not the same because when I was adopting i knew you know?

anyway, silly maybe but i want to know!!! :blue: :pink:

I had an internal scan yesterday at 10+3 weeks and I asked the doctor to point out the placenta, which she did. It was on the left side of my uterus as I was looking at it.

It wasn't much help though as I don't know:

a) whether the Ramzi method works on my left/right or left/right as you look at it on the screen (I guess ultra sound produces a mirror image?);

b) whether an internal scan produces a mirror image or not

I'm probably just being dense but I reckon that unless you're honest and explain to the doctor why exactly you want to know, you might as well just take a guess and have a 50/50 chance of being right LOL

Apparently the abdominal scans are mirrired, so backwards, and vaginal scans show them as they are.

Here is the link to the previous thread, I hope!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/163620-interesting-4.html

I am also guessing that where the placenta will form is where the yolk sack can be seen at 6 weeks?

Apparently the abdominal scans are mirrired, so backwards, and vaginal scans show them as they are.

Here is the link to the previous thread, I hope!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/163620-interesting-4.html

I am also guessing that where the placenta will form is where the yolk sack can be seen at 6 weeks?

Oooh you've got me excited now because I think that means I might be having a girl if old Ramzi is right. The yolk sac was on the right at 6 weeks (on my abdo scan) and the placenta was on the left on my internal scan - and YES, now I think about it, the placenta would be right where the yolk sac would have been on the earlier scan....

I'll not buy any pink just yet, but oh I would love a little girl :happydance:

hmmm, thanks ladies.
not sure about the yolk sack.. is that what turns into the placenta? he did point mine out.

well i think the ramzi method definitely means on the left or right of the baby as in our own left or right, not just a scan.... i mean, it seems too scientific and well done to be talking about where the position of the uterus is in a scan. i'm sure it means in our body.

and yea, i plan on specifically saying to my doctor... my right or left? haha

kalyz... sounds like boy to me. if it's a mirrored image that is...
that's interesting too about the vaginal scan being accurate positions while the abdominal being backwards. is that right?

man, i wanna know!!!!

boy is right, girl left.

I just went on where the lady was holding the scanning thing on my stomach, it seemed a bit more to my right so I took that as the placenta would be on the right as thats where baby was ..........

also what's the yolk sack look like. he pointed it out but i didn't know what it was so i didn't take it in much.

also what's the yolk sack look like. he pointed it out but i didn't know what it was so i didn't take it in much.

Mine just looked like a small round circle in/on the uterine wall (like a yolk) lol

Right I'm off to look at people's scans after 20 weeks and see if I can figure this out....

Im not too sure either, mine looked like a blob with a cord attached to it, I tried googling to see when the placenta would form and take over but didnt get much info. I couldnt tell from looking at the scan machine where the baby etc. was in relation to the womb as I couldnt see the whole womb, so Im just going by where the doppler thing was positioned.
Am going to ask at the next scan though and ask exactly where the placenta is and explain why I want to know.

Id love a girl, but Im pretty sure it was right for me, but sure DS would love a brother!

kaylz...i meant girl. i didn't see that you had an internal one done. wow your news is interesting about the yolk sac and placenta in the same place.

there's definitely strong points for both. i mean, i think my husband would be best with a boy and i've always seen myself with a boy so i'm hoping for a boy.
yet girls are so adorable and sweet. they say they stay closer to mom and dad too over the years.

anyway, i googled and googled and couldn't find anything. so you're saying you think which side the baby was more on is where the placenta will grow? hmmm, well my bug was definitely on the right hanging out. so cute! we have to figure out this placenta thing and how to know where it will grow. I don't know how to figure out from a scan, so i think i'm just gonna cave and ask my dr even though he might think i'm crazy. :)

i'll ask about the yolk sac too for sure.

just one last time though: is the internal not mirrored thing for sure? because that's what i had and i'm going to pick up the pictures soon.

I read right through the Ramzi paper last night and the internal ultrasound is definitely NOT a mirror image, but a normal abdominal ultrasound is a mirror image.

I'm still not sure if it's MY left/right I sould be looking at or the baby's left/right though iyswim

i thought it said if the placenta was to right or left of the baby... so your right or left. oh i see what you mean. i never thought of it like that. wouldn't yours and the babies be the same unless he was facing your backside instead of facing outward. thanks for reading that and getting the news on internal and abdominal.... because mine was internal.

someone did a poll in 2nd trimester on this and the results are startling. almost everyone said left was the position and they had a girl
and right was the position and they had a boy

i also wanted to point out there seems to be waaaay more girls being born right now!

i thought it said if the placenta was to right or left of the baby... so your right or left. oh i see what you mean. i never thought of it like that. wouldn't yours and the babies be the same unless he was facing your backside instead of facing outward. thanks for reading that and getting the news on internal and abdominal.... because mine was internal.

someone did a poll in 2nd trimester on this and the results are startling. almost everyone said left was the position and they had a girl
and right was the position and they had a boy

i also wanted to point out there seems to be waaaay more girls being born right now!

Just thought I'd add my placenta with my son was on the right only know cus it was anterior too, I will ask this time be interesting to see where it us and if the theory is right :)

It was on MY right too btw lol if that helps clear it up x

i went back and looked at my scan pics...its wrong for me, my placenta is on the right side of my baby and she is definitely a girl.

scan picks are mirrored... so right side in the scan picture?

right side in scan picture would mean left side in you.

Ooh interesting! I had an internal ultrasound at 10w5days and the placenta is on the left so I guess.. none mirrored left is girl? I guess we'll soon see, exciting! :D

if you mean left as in, in your body...yes girl!!! :)
but if you mean left as in, in the scan picture.... probably boy because the scan pictures are mirrored.

evidentally, the only scan pictures that are not mirrored are vaginal scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->