more problems and stresses...

sophiecouldwe

Reaction score
im sorry girls i just need a good moan so i am warning you in advance...

things are not goin great at the mo wen they actually should be im pregnant and i should be over the moon but im just so sad. not about the pregnancy but it just seems to av been put 2 one side n forgotten about and i feel so awful about that!!

me and my OH are moving into our new place at the weekend and i should be excited but i feel guilty! my mum has made me feel so bad that i am moving out and "doing this to her" wen i dont really know what im doing. she says the only way she will ever be happy with me moving out is if i have that contraceptive injection that last about 3 years? so there is no possible chance that i can get pregnant!!! is that totally an unreasonable thing to say?!?! and the problem is i am pregnant already and she keeps reminding me she is not ready to be a grandmother and although she would love my child she wouldnt want it... :( i feel so sad that i'm bringin my child into the world where only three people truely want it, me, my OH and his mum. every1 else thinks we are ruinin our lives and being stupid and its not a normal thing to want to do at our age!!! i know im young at 18 but i've always been more mature than most and my OH is 24 so i dont think we are too young at all.

i know i need to tell my parents about the pregnancy sooner rather than later, as my mums already picking up on the fact that im being sick all the time, but at the mo they are actually splitting up! just to add to the complications and upset. so my dads also in the process of moving out which is so sad and we are all finding it very difficult so im not quite sure wen the right time is to let them know they are goin to be grandparents when they've made it quite clear they dont want to be!

whats a confussed, sad, sicky girl supposed to do?
xxxxxxx

I think you should tell your parents. I know it's hard, but my mom always said she'd go mad if I was pregnant and didn't. She's been really supportive and I couldn't have done it without her. She needs to find out sooner or later, and surely she'll respect that you've chosen to tell her at the beginning instead of leaving it until she finds out herself? Hope all goes well for you. xx

Tell them! Seriously, if I had asked my mum how she felt about being a Nana before I was pregnant she'd have thrown a fit. She is totally and completely in love with my little girl and although she still thinks I'm too young, she would never resent or not love Caitlyn. She is the most precious thing in the world to my mum. She has made her so happy.

You can't judge a situation before you start it. Go do it! It won't be so bad. :hugs:

At the end of the day it sounds as though your mum is being really selfish and you should live your life for you not her. It is hard I can imagine, but if your other half and his mum are doting then that is all that matters right now and your mum can have chance to come around in her own time without you feeling guilty!

You sound more mature than her, so tell her, move out and be happy. You wont have to put up with her moods about it and by the time the baby is here she may have come around to the idea.

Just live your life for the people you have (soon to be baby too) and be happy!

Good luck.

Well,your mother is so upset and is acting this way NOW because she doesn't know!

Tell her,I bet she will stop making you feel guilty for moving out and will support you.
She doesn't want a grandchild right now,but thats because she doesn't know there is one already!
She's gonna love it.You can't say that your baby is only wanted by three people since the rest of them doesn't know about it!
She's gonna love your baby a lot,give her a chance..:hugs:

Your mums obviously struggling with your dad leaving as well as you. It must be very hard for her, which doesnt make it ok for her to take things out on you but she must be feeling very lost. Maybe you should wait till you have moved out and tell her in a week or so? Or the moving out process could be very hard and emotional. She will come round in the end its just a lot of take in all at once.

I think u should hold off on tellin ur mom till ur moved out cuz atleast u dont have to be living IN the stress after she knows and as far as her not bein happy bout u movin out.. U have to remember she is goin through alot of scary new changes with the split up.. She will come to her senses it may take a min cuz of what she is goin through but she will

I was petrified to tell my parents and i was 20 living away from home working and my Dad always said he never wanted grandchildren and hed be so dissapointed, live life fist, get savings house ect.

I kept it to myself for about three weeks then told them and what a relief, within an hour my Mum was asking what pram i wanted!!! and my Dad was great too even after what he had always said, he spoils Chloe absolutely rotten.

It might just take a while for your Mum because of everything shes goin through, itll all work out in the end and your baby will be loved by everyone x

:hugs: Sorry you're going through all this stress. I agree that perhaps wait until you've moved out and give her a little bit of time to come to terms with her split. But on the other hand the longer you leave it the harder it will be. :hugs:

thanku so much for all your help and support! i moved out yesterday n my mum refused to come and see my new hosue and wen i came to see her all she did was cry so its very tough but ive def made the rite move i know that for a fact. i will def tell her about the pregnancy within the next week. i will keep you updated wen i can my internet to work in my new house :) xxxxx

in my personal opinion, i think it was extremely selfish of your mum to say that she wouldnt want it & shes not ready to be a grandmother! although saying that, most parents say that if their daughters were to get pregnant they'd go mad .. but half the time thats not the case. my mam & dad always said that they would be extremely disappointed in me if i got pregnant in my teens or anything like that, yet i told them the day i found out & they were over the moon. it's better off to tell your parents as soon as possible though so then they can help you through the pregnancy & support you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"