More reduced movements! UPDATE!! SHE IS HERE!!

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
So was in labour suit last night with yet again more reduced movements! My 5th episode.
Monitoring was good, midwife thought baby was breech so they bought a little scan machine in to double check.
Shes head down!
Anyway she was wiggling about on the scan yet i couldnt feel her,turns out she was really snuggled and curled up infront of my anterior placenta. My placenta is sitting more on the left side which is where she was.
Hospital want me to come in monday and Thursday for some more traces just to double check and keep on top of things. Doctor said if i end up reporting more reduced movements they will book me in for induction at 39 weeks and if after 39 weeks they will just keep me in and induce me. Not my plan wanting to be induced but my baby girl comes first as the doctor said i can not use my anterior placenta as an excuse for every episode when she may infact be in actual distress so its a risk they can not take.
Feel like such a pain in the arse every time i go in,like im bothering them by over reacting! Its crazy really,with my first baby i didnt have 1 problem or hospital visit ( apart from a bleed once ) and this pregnancy i may aswell just live at the hospital!

Anyone else having same issues with movements x

UPDATE!! Im staying in hospital now to be monitored twice a day,then at 38 weeks ill be induced!! Not my ideal birth plan but i can no longer cope with the lack of movement's. Its making me a nervous wreck! I need her out.

Update: Birth story
Scarlett made her entrance into the world at 4.43am on Sept 25th weighing 8lbs at 38+3 weeks.
What turned out to be a long induction soon turned into a fast delivery. I had my prospess put in on 23rd sept,had thsg in for 24 hours and nothing! At 10pm on the 24th sept i had my waters broken along with the hormone drip about an hour later to speed things up.
Contractions soon started coming very thick and fast around 3am,i used gas and air as planned,i was examined around 4am and felt gutted to find out i was only 5cm dialted! I nearly screamed for the epidural but i held on!! Knowing i really didnt want it....20mins later i was told babys head is just sitting there now and push! I was like eh what? Im only 5cm.
Turns out i gone from 5cm to 10cm in 20mins, another 20mins of pushing and my baby girl was born :)
I must admit the labour was absolutely agony!! My back hurt sooooooo much and the midwifes and my partner had to calm me down as i was slowly losing it screaming that i couldn't do it even though i could feel my baby girls head coming out!
All the pain and complications but she is defiantly worth it :) our family is complete! X

https://i58.tinypic.com/2cwse4w.jpg

You are not a pain in the arse you are doing the right thing, keep on xxxx I won't tell you my experience because you are already fragile but trust me keep doing what you are doing xxxx

I've had the same problem. I get periods of reduced movements & I think I've been in 3/4 times now since reaching 30wks. I've had a few episodes before 28wks, but they don't count them for some reason? I have an anterior placenta too, but my MW told me that shouldn't matter after 28wks as baby should be big enough to be felt!

The last time I went in, baby got too excited & didn't calm for over an hour! There were discussions of inducing that day etc! He finally calmed down & they let me go home, but scheduled a scan to check the blood flow & amniotic fluid levels, plus a follow up Ctg, which was normal.

Because of that & having GD, they're inducing me at 38wks. It's probably for the best as he is measuring rather large now. At 34wks, he was measuring at 6lbs 1oz & my MW swears she thinks he's at least 8lbs now, judging on how he feels! The consultant and MW I've spoken to since having my induction date set, think it's in mine & his best interests to induce early given his size!

I think if I go in again with reduced or abnormal movements then they'll induce earlier still. It's always better to be safe!

The guy who did my scan really annoyed me, saying that I have an anterior placenta & I'm overweight, so no wonder I can't feel him sometimes. Then he said not to worry, don't bother getting checked out etc! I couldn't believe it. The funny thing was, he was telling me that I shouldn't be feeling baby kick because of my placenta & he was kicking right into it.. & througout the scan, I felt him kicking away!!

You are not being a pain, if you feel like you are having reduced movements then please go and get it checked, you are not bothering anyone it is their job. Think in your mind would you rather bother someone for a bit (which you aren't!) or know that your baby is safe. Please don't let anything but your instinct count in these cases.

Stacey, I'm glad they are looking after you. I have had a few episodes too, I've always gone to hospital to check everything is ok. My bump was transverse, with that and an anterior placenta I often didn't feel her much. She's head down now and it's a lot better. It's always best to check and it's their job. I'm being monitored twice weekly plus scan as they think she's small for dates,they are probably going to induce unless she catches up x

Thanks ladies.
I went with my gut feelings and went back in yesterday as she not improved! They decided to keep me in over to do more monitoring, doctor wants me to get to 38 weeks and if no improvement with movement's i think they will be inducing me. Not really 100% sure as iv not had a proper conversation with them yet and still on the ward waiting to see if im going home or not.

I am glad you went in again, your instincts were right. Hope it's good news hunx

Sounds like u have a great doc. Sometimes these kind of things don't always go to plan I wish u a happy and healthy labor and delivery

Im interested to see how your situation turns out hun hope gou are all doing well xx

Just woken up from my 3rd night in hospital.
The plan is to have a scan this morning or this after noon whenever i can get in and just makesure all is ok to double check baby dont need to come out today if something was wrong.
If all is fine then i will get my induction date as they have to go by the list of woman waiting to be induced and whos more important etc.
Not sure if ill be going home. All my CTG monitorings have been perfect so will see what they say today.

Good luck hun with whatever decision they go with today :)x

My scan went well yesterday.
Everything was perfect so they allowed me to come home last night, i go back in this afternoon for a quick ctg trace to double check baby.
Then back in again tomorrow to be induced :)
So tomorrow is baby day :) depending when labour suit let me come in depending how busy they are etc
So today is all go at home,good clean,washing,repack my hospital bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->